should i buy the alpine cda9815?

• YES

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • NO

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

soccerbuzz1

ohio
im really debating if i should purchase the alpine cda9815 . i am looking for super fast mp3 load times and for guality sound. is this the right h/u for me? please let me know your thoughts and opinions on this h/u.

also tell me any positives or negatives you have with your cda9815.

alpines have one of the fastest loading mp3 decks on the market and for features...they are jam packed. SQ can be AMAZING if you take the time and set the features just right. alpine is my top choice in decks.

question with this h/u. On crutchfield it says that you must directly fuse it to the battery, I would assume that this would put more of a strain on the cars electrical system, am I right, or can someone explain that to me

V-Drive Hybrid Amplifier: A V-Drive MOSFET power unit is used to boost the incoming voltage from 14.4 volts (approx.) to 17.2 volts. The increased voltage allows the unit to deliver peak output of 60 watts x 4 channels. While providing high power output, this unit can draw a substantial amount of current, so the constant power wire must be connected directly to the positive terminal of the battery in your vehicle. For more info, please see the "Wiring Note" section below.

It is a larger amp than most. It will draw a little more current. Not much to worry about for your electrical system just a little to much for those tiny stock wires to handle

I have the 9815 and love it. I only found one tiny snafu that seems to plague a lot of mp3 players. It doesn't play all my mp3s in the proper order. I label my songs like this:

Artist Name - 01 - Song Title.mp3

Artist Name - 02 - Song Title.mp3

Artist Name - 03 - Song Title.mp3

I have to put the track number first for it to play in order. Other then that I really like this unit and it handles lower bit rate mp3's quite well. I played "Punk" by the "Gorillaz" at 128kbps and it still made the car tremble without distortion.

Originally posted by DiB I have the 9815 and love it. I only found one tiny snafu that seems to plague a lot of mp3 players. It doesn't play all my mp3s in the proper order. I label my songs like this:

I have to put the track number first for it to play in order. Other then that I really like this unit and it handles lower bit rate mp3's quite well. I played "Punk" by the "Gorillaz" at 128kbps and it still made the car tremble without distortion.
how much did you get yours for, and where from,

I think with mine I am going to run some infinity comps( what amp I'm not sure) and a 15 xxx with the ed9, so that will go real well

Originally posted by DiB I have the 9815 and love it. I only found one tiny snafu that seems to plague a lot of mp3 players. It doesn't play all my mp3s in the proper order. I label my songs like this:

I have to put the track number first for it to play in order.

I have found just the opposite. My CDA-7894 used to play tracks out of order, as it would only recognize 8.3 filenames.

For example, all my files are named as:

[Artist] - Title.mp3

Take the files:

[Dave Koz] - The Bright Side.mp3

[Dave Koz] - Can't Let You Go.mp3

The 7894 used to play "The Bright Side" before "Can't Let you Go", as "The Bright Side" was read as "[DaveK~2.mp3" and "Can't Let You Go" was read as "[DaveK~8.mp3"

Now the 9815 plays all the songs in alphabetical order, as it can read the long file names properly. If I record a Comedy CD or a live concert I do have to put the track number in to force the player to play the tracks in the order they were recorded, but as long as the track number is the first thing that's different in the filename from all the other files it plays fine.

Here's a few 9815 pics to get you in the buying mood: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

9815.jpg

Alpine12.jpg

Alpine14.jpg

Alpine17.jpg

That has nothing to do with your mp3 player, but the computer program you used to create the disc. The mp3 player has no brains and has no choice but to play the songs in the order they were written. I had the same problem with Easy CD Creator and Nero. If you use a program like that you have no choice but to change the filenames to have the number first like you mentioned. I guarantee no matter what mp3 player you put that disc in it will play the same.

Originally posted by eengrms That has nothing to do with your mp3 player, but the computer program you used to create the disc. The mp3 player has no brains and has no choice but to play the songs in the order they were written. I had the same problem with Easy CD Creator and Nero. If you use a program like that you have no choice but to change the filenames to have the number first like you mentioned. I guarantee no matter what mp3 player you put that disc in it will play the same.
Not entirely true. Depends on weather or not the MP3 player is recognizing 8.3 filenames or Long file names. The older Alpines recognized 8.3 filenames, and the 2003 model players now recognize long file names. You can look at my example posted above.

I've got the 7894 and it's ****ing sweet. This is the modern alternative to mine. And the only headunit I find better, besides this one, is of course the 7998. Alpine is the ONLY headunit anyone should ever have. Most of the people on this website buys cheap ass ****, and this headunit can make even their crumby systems sound good. My system isn't much better, but at least I'm doing it right. Word.

to all of you guys *****ing about the file order, the audi guy is right. It's the software, period. I know the ins and outs of alpine mp3 playing, reading, mx'ing, and all that happy jazz. He's right. Use nero, and put the ****ING **** IN ORDER before moving it over into the burning window.

Originally posted by dolefully to all of you guys *****ing about the file order, the audi guy is right. It's the software, period. I know the ins and outs of alpine mp3 playing, reading, mx'ing, and all that happy jazz. He's right. Use nero, and put the ****ING **** IN ORDER before moving it over into the burning window.
I have always used nero.

If you "Know all about it" you must know that Alpine switched from 8.3 to long file name recognition for the 2003 models. If what you say is true, then why did my last years 7894 play files in a different order than this years 9815? Same discs I've been using for a year, files play in a different order.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...