Tired Of Sq!!!!!!!!!!!! I Want Spl!!!!

Musto
10+ year member

Alpine+eD = kick ***
ok, im tired of this system, i have 4 polk dx 12's. it has sound quality like anything, i want to sell them and get 2 12's that will HIT LIKE A F*CKER. my budget for the 2 12's is aboutt 4-500. i dont care if the subs sound like a toilet flushing, i just want it to be LOUD. someone please help.... BTW if your wanting a great SQ setup....im selling my system....thanks

Matt (im hittin 139ish....thats not anywhere near loud enough. i have a alpine V12 and JBL 1200.1 )

Originally posted by Musto ok, im tired of this system, i have 4 polk dx 12's. it has sound quality like anything, i want to sell them and get 2 12's that will HIT LIKE A F*CKER. my budget for the 2 12's is aboutt 4-500. i dont care if the subs sound like a toilet flushing, i just want it to be LOUD. someone please help.... BTW if your wanting a great SQ setup....im selling my system....thanks

Matt (im hittin 139ish....thats not anywhere near loud enough. i have a alpine V12 and JBL 1200.1 )

4-500 dollars each, or for both? If it's for both I'm not entirely sure how loud you could really get. Maybe port 4 e15k's. That'll get plenty loud for that price.

theese 4 subs are ported. 4-500 for both. 4 e15k? i want to keep my same box, thats why im sayin 2 12's if i got 4 id have to do this isobaric junk thats a waiste of time when air space is no problem at all

Matt

Originally posted by Musto theese 4 subs are ported. 4-500 for both. 4 e15k? i want to keep my same box, thats why im sayin 2 12's if i got 4 id have to do this isobaric junk thats a waiste of time when air space is no problem at all

Matt
See you didn't mention about keeping the same box. The subs you get will be dependant on the T/S parameters of the box you currently have. 250 per sub? Off the top of my head I can't think of any that are amazingly loud. This isn't my domain, though. Ask Loyd, he'd know.

Hmmm...like the others say..For Pounding SPL..500 doesn't give you what I consider good SPL...But if you really want SPL...Not all to do with the subs...Box im my opinion has a lot to do with it..I'm like ported box's for good SPL..and No isobaric isn't from ****..Those enclosures right there will knock you anywhere from 3-6 dbls..Which I don't like loosing..lol..But if you save a little more money..You can find some subs that WILL REALLY turn over some air

Originally posted by Musto ok, im tired of this system, i have 4 polk dx 12's. it has sound quality like anything, i want to sell them and get 2 12's that will HIT LIKE A F*CKER. my budget for the 2 12's is aboutt 4-500. i dont care if the subs sound like a toilet flushing, i just want it to be LOUD. someone please help.... BTW if your wanting a great SQ setup....im selling my system....thanks

I do not reccomend keeping the box... If you're willing to completely alter a system for the ability to get loud, don't use a mediocre box...

You need a good set of 12" woofers.. Something along the lines of some Resonant Engineering SE 12's, or Elemental Designs K 12"s would do the trick. I'm assuming you have a trunked car, so your box is gonna be limited to around 4 cuft of vb. I'd build the box to be around 5 cuft, and use a 45-60 sq inches of port area, and a 35-40 hz tune... This will be a vast improvement over your current setup..

I'm still scratching my head as to why your shop did an iso-baric sealed for SQ... I guess they don't understand box designs, and principles.. lol

Loyd L.

for ganji: in short isobaric is when one sub is facing another's basket and fires directly into the back saving you space but at the same time not giving you too loud of a system because you loose cone area.

for musto: well i could recommend two audiobahn ultra excursion subs or two flame q subs from audiobahn. these will pound the sh*t out of you. but dont expect a lot if any sq whatsoever. but you can probably get a pair of these on ebay new for pretty cheap. i think i saw a pair for somethng like 200 to 300 for two twelves.

You really want dBs, huh??? I have a MMATS Juggy 15, I want to get rid of...it does have a blown VC though. This can be fixed by MMATS for a small price, plus shipping. These hit like hell...I am doing 147.7 with one 15 in a 3.3 cuft enclosure when I had the 1200.1 on it...after being sent to MMATS, the sub will be as good as new. When bought new, these subs are anywhere between 699-800 bucks for the 15...

what about 2 blueprint 12" running off of the 1200.1. That should be louder than 136 or whatever you are hitting right now. And make a ported box to Blueprint's specs.

And i think that the blueprints are 220-240 bucks per sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.