Tips to avoid getting jacked

5) Let's talk about something I mentioned earlier, the good old grab and dash. Even with a security system of this caliber, that won't necessarily stop a thief from popping your trunk lid using the trunk latch inside of the vehicle, grabbing your subwoofer enclosure or amplifier, and running away with it. If possible you may want to remove your trunk latch. That way, you would have to use your key in order to open the trunk lid. Another thing you could do is bolt your subwoofer enclosure or amplifier rack to the trunk floor. Use safety torx or another odd-shaped screw to do this. Chances are a thief won't have the correct tool to unbolt your equipment and will give up.

Also, you want to secure your headunit to your dash's frame so that it cannot be removed using those slide rail "keys". Use safety torx screws for this as well.
Yeah this is true they cant cant just pull it out. I had my my old 99 civc broken in to and the radio was bolted to the dash. Well the didnt get the radio the just managed to rip the center of the dash up and and bend the dash sub frame all to hell. so you have have ask your self one thing is a $150 + radio worth the replacement of your dash.

P.S. Oh and they took the CD player face to be a real JACKASS

it would be so badass if there was an alarm system that when it went off vibrated on ur car keyring really loud, flashing or vibrating or something. Or if tripped automatically called your cell phone (you could have that certain number set to like a siren ring)

if thats not already done im pattenting it

If you don't want your box getting stolen, make it so big that you must take out the rear seats to get it in or out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm just wondering.. since people were mentioning it.

If you actually did use tear gas or something like that, can't you be sued if a thief broke into your car and got hurt?

Or if he went deaf from too many alarms?

Remember the guy who broke into the house and got stuck in the garage, and then turned around and tried to sue the guy's house who he broke into?

I'm just wondering.. since people were mentioning it.If you actually did use tear gas or something like that, can't you be sued if a thief broke into your car and got hurt?

Or if he went deaf from too many alarms?

Remember the guy who broke into the house and got stuck in the garage, and then turned around and tried to sue the guy's house who he broke into?
Yeah, and not only did he turn it around, he won the friggin lawsuit. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Ok,just to slow down a thief,along with the odd ball screws,theres this stuff called Loc-tite.Comes in diffrent grades.I use the red stuff.Add a drop,and screw it down...The screw is still removable,but will defiantly take longer.And if you bang hard enough to loosen bolts you DONT want coming out,it will take care of those too.

In my old car we were able to get a dummy casing from the manufacture and got a sharpie and wrote "Wrong one idiot, keep looking...", got some Velcro and stuck it under the dash in a very shallow and easy to reach location. Got broken into once and they couldnt turn it off so they gave up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

i got the hood pop that needs a key. very effective. works with my door key so no extras. also one of my three brains is in my center console. the power wire runing under the damping material and through the fire wall behind the wheel wheel to a second, very small battery under my a/c. to put the bow in my center console i just cut the hole for it to fix and screwed it into the chasis. then i built a cover so it looks like the orginal bottom of the center console. never would have guessed there was a compartment under there.

having a 460 big block, i don't have room for lots of extra crap in there so i have few thing hidin real well. the engine size also alows many hard to reach areas. also the 6 inch lift makes it hard to reach in there without a stool.

my friend claims to have a siren in his ported speaker box. idk if that well make it much louder if any but he swears your ears well bleed after being back there for 30 seconds messin around.

i know it is an old post but i thought i'd share.

also i think that false door handles would be fun. get a switch to pop your door but leave the handle and stick lots of small needles under it. haha good times. use it on the baddies and the step family

it would be so badass if there was an alarm system that when it went off vibrated on ur car keyring really loud, flashing or vibrating or something. Or if tripped automatically called your cell phone (you could have that certain number set to like a siren ring)
if thats not already done im pattenting it
they have it. they have a little lcd screen. they say when your call alarm is active or not and if the doors are locked. also has remote start. also automatically rolls up your windows when you lock the doors with it. and it well tell you which door is being broken into. and you can set it to siren or on vibrate for when your in church or something. my dad has one and it is pretty cool.

they have it. they have a little lcd screen. they say when your call alarm is active or not and if the doors are locked. also has remote start. also automatically rolls up your windows when you lock the doors with it. and it well tell you which door is being broken into. and you can set it to siren or on vibrate for when your in church or something. my dad has one and it is pretty cool.
viper 791xv has all that ...though i can never really feel the vibrating part

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...