Tips to avoid getting jacked

IS there any way to splice on of those JC Whitney horns into the light that comes on when you open the door? Is there any way to keep it on once it comes on (providing they shut the door which would turn off the light)

Park in garage, get a 2 way remote, dont blast 2 mins before parking, dont show off stuff to people, dont post pics of ur car on the internet, tint windows, DONT PUT DUMB STICKERS ON CAR,and put e brake on when u park, Those are what i think are most important, and bolt everything down and take hu faceplate off.
pretty much it... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The most important thing is simple. COMMON SENSE.

I like to look at my sub box like a thief would.......think about where I would grab it at to lift it out, and then place some razors in those spots.

lol use an emi bomb frie all ur electrical system in a second along with quite a few blocks or Electromagnetic Bomb or Electromagnetic Pulse Bomb .... so how u wanna send me the money lol
or hey i could use my mass powers and cause a solar flare to shoot sum cosmic rays at ur car that will whipe out all ur electrical system to
^^^too funny...

Also, if you are in high school or college, NEVER turn on your system anywhere near campus. There are a lot of stupid kids out there who have no respect for other people's property. Be smart and protect yourself.
Well, this is werid.

I have a friend that has a 4Runner. Hes got two 12'' in a bandpass in the back. This is probably a late 80's runner. So you can take off the back part and semi- make it look like a truck. Anyways at school his subs and his amp are just laying there.. in the back for anyone to steal. I could have just undone the wires on the amp and it was mine. Subs were bolted though.. Not hard to undo.

But.. I know a guy with a honda thats got same stuff (more or less) and someone tried breaking into his trunk. I know who did it, and hes not a friend of the guy with the 4runner, and had no grudge agaist the guy with the honda.

He did it the parkinglot.

So wtf why wasnt his car touched? and yes he knew his stuff was there...

Hey guys want to get auto pop for my trunk so totally take off the lock and bondo it up and make it like it wasnt even there anyone have any ideas has anyone ever done this?

Thank God for this thread. Im taking my Dynamat and Scosche wiring kit decals off my back windows. I know, I know its stupid, but oh well, but now Im taking them off. Should I buy like, power locks with remote, bc my doors are manual locks. And whats a cheap, good alarm that will frighten the person and possibly let me know of it by remote alarm or such, bc I know it may not necessarily get rid of him.

Thanks if you help, Im new to this awesome forum!! :)

Thank God for this thread.

I was doing a 'old post search' a long time ago in General Audio @ Termpro & found the original post (where this all began). It was dormant for quite sometime. Brought it to the front & it got sent to Auto Security @ Termpro. At my request, it was stickied there. It was then linked over here & the discussion continues.

What's a cheap, good alarm that will frighten the person and possibly let me know of it by remote alarm or such

I recommend DEI alarms (http://www.directed.com). They are very reliable and have been in the auto security biz a long time. The best combo is a 2 way with pager.

The easiest to install are the self contained DIY alarms from Bulldog (http://www.bulldogsecurity.com) & DEI (Wasp & Hornet).

It is just a + & - batt connection with the siren, shock sensor & current sensor built in. The disadvantage to this kind of alarm is you can't add on (siren's, sensors, etc...) The advantage is it is protection & much better than nothing! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

bc I know it may not necessarily get rid of him.

You have a much better chance if you 'customize' your alarm with additional sirens (high-pitch piezo's inside) and louder sirens outside. Strobes are a plus also. Basically, you want to raise so much hellin' noise & lights that it is almost impossible not to be ignored thus making the fear of getting caught & found out very high! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/scared.gif.f134e57c6c93ccd0f15aa5ac32c7d4a0.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/escape.gif.52b661afb17bde1db0e0c7da97e75b38.gif

Check out my true story for a better idea:

http://audioforum.termpro.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/15/t/000611.html

Also, check out the security section of the forum here for more good informative posts by myself & others.

I have a great idea... behind the stereo create a tie or something that makes the wiring harness or what connects to the stereo impossible to get off so they have to put thier hand deeper behind the console to get the stereo and have a gadget like on SAW 2 where the girl puts her hand in the box to get the needle but cant get it out because of the razor blades that dont allow you hand to come out!! I would love to see a mother ****er try to get out of that ****! his blood would be all over the **** place!! DNA anyone!!

Hey guys want to get auto pop for my trunk so totally take off the lock and bondo it up and make it like it wasnt even there anyone have any ideas has anyone ever done this?
its HOLE, you DONT BONDO IT UP. You make a PATCH PANEL and weld it in. grind it down and do the body work.

just a story of preception.

Did you know that most of the car manufactures had only but a few diffrent types of key pattern for specific cars made. I think i heard that gm had olny 12 diffrent key patterns for any given car in that year made. and my friend collect VW's so we have junked out allot of parts cars. We kept most of the parts. We had a collection of keys and we discovered that most of the keys fit eachother and worked.

My point is in the masses people had there keys to there car with a false sence of security. Not even being aware that there caravan key would probbally work on at least 1 of the caravans in the grocerey store parking lot.

That's true about the keys, I currently have a Chrysler Cirrus, and I accidently walked up to another one in a parking lot and my door key opened it up. Don't know if it would have worked for the ignition too, but I wasn't going to stick around to look into it. On a side note, why do people leave their dogs in their cars?

How about those alarms that have the little LCD pager thing? Are those actually worth anything? I've heard the range on them is too short to be useful, but it'd be really nice to have that go off and run out there; not sure what I'd do if I caught someone jacking my stuff, but I'm 150 pounds of fury ****it! And I'm wiry.

just a story of preception.
Did you know that most of the car manufactures had only but a few diffrent types of key pattern for specific cars made. I think i heard that gm had olny 12 diffrent key patterns for any given car in that year made. and my friend collect VW's so we have junked out allot of parts cars. We kept most of the parts. We had a collection of keys and we discovered that most of the keys fit eachother and worked.

My point is in the masses people had there keys to there car with a false sence of security. Not even being aware that there caravan key would probbally work on at least 1 of the caravans in the grocerey store parking lot.

i have a decent alarm i guess with the remote that tells u if its going off and at school i would go to class n i would be able to set the alarm in my classroom that was in a brick building about 100 yards away from my truck

Great thread.

You can just be like me and have an old car that looks like it has nothing in it lol. I drive an 87 Honda Accord. You'd never guess it had a system in it. :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...