Tips to avoid getting jacked

Ive read through the majority of these, and haven't seen it yet so ill post it.

I have a small cable ran around a spoke on both of my sub baskets with a lock connecting them. There's no breaking it, or even moving the woofers really, and the only way is to reach in through the port with a key. Doesn't add much displacement, and an easy way to ruin a thief's day. Just an idea though :p works for me so far.

Theres some great info on this thread, thanks!

Record a message played on a loudspeaker mounted under your car that starts with a demented laugh and then has a voice that says "Im coming to f*** you." Then have it go back to laughter. Have another speaker start playing the sound of a woman screaming. Just as that starts, your air horns start blaring and a blue rotating cop light starts flashing. Bonus points if you have a red strobe light in the car that starts flashing with no fixed interval. Have the brain hidden behind the passenger airbag or instrument panel, and have one that sends a remote message warning you that your car is being messed with. Maybe a couple of those handheld piezo sirens that you pull the chord on to activate. As you approach the car pull the chords and throw the sirens in a couple of directions (before they see you). I would only approach the car if it was one thief, he didnt see me, and I had a gun I knew how to use. Attacking with pepper spray is too risky, and more than one thief what if they both have guns?

Anyways, great advice on this thread!

It seems to me the most effective way is to bring fear into the equation- fear of getting caught, fear of the sick angry owner who just so happens to likely be a sadist, etc. A veteran car thief is pretty much immune to this- best way to avoid him stealing your equipment is to have a plane jane car with no stickers and as stealth an install as you can manage.

Get real insurance where they cover your audio and who cares. Thread/
Time it takes to install all of it again? Time it takes waiting for the insurance to send you a payment? Time it takes dealing with them on the phone trying to weasel out of paying? Chance they find some loophole to get out of paying? Cost of install for those who cant do it theirselves? Time spent driving around without a stereo because of theft?

I get your point for sure, but I do think there is definitely a point to the tips in this thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Record a message played on a loudspeaker mounted under your car that starts with a demented laugh and then has a voice that says "Im coming to f*** you." Then have it go back to laughter. Have another speaker start playing the sound of a woman screaming. Just as that starts, your air horns start blaring and a blue rotating cop light starts flashing. Bonus points if you have a red strobe light in the car that starts flashing with no fixed interval. Have the brain hidden behind the passenger airbag or instrument panel, and have one that sends a remote message warning you that your car is being messed with. Maybe a couple of those handheld piezo sirens that you pull the chord on to activate. As you approach the car pull the chords and throw the sirens in a couple of directions (before they see you). I would only approach the car if it was one thief, he didnt see me, and I had a gun I knew how to use. Attacking with pepper spray is too risky, and more than one thief what if they both have guns?
Anyways, great advice on this thread!

It seems to me the most effective way is to bring fear into the equation- fear of getting caught, fear of the sick angry owner who just so happens to likely be a sadist, etc. A veteran car thief is pretty much immune to this- best way to avoid him stealing your equipment is to have a plane jane car with no stickers and as stealth an install as you can manage.
Surprised you havent been in a lawsuit yet.

Time it takes to install all of it again? Time it takes waiting for the insurance to send you a payment? Time it takes dealing with them on the phone trying to weasel out of paying? Chance they find some loophole to get out of paying? Cost of install for those who cant do it theirselves? Time spent driving around without a stereo because of theft?
I get your point for sure, but I do think there is definitely a point to the tips in this thread //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
my insurance never weasels or even tdies to. They will pay for install and all new equipment. Team no tint and no alarm. However I dont bump near my house

i saw this on termpro and being that we dont have a sticky for something like this i think it would be good info
Please feel free to add more to this list!

• ALWAYS use common sense. Don't 'bump' where you live, esp. if you live in an apartment

• If at all possible, avoid putting any stickers on your car (be it performance or audio) they just scream "steal me! steal me!"

• If you go to car shows/soundoffs, I suggest removing your license plate temporarily. This will at least make it hard for people to remember your car is packing what gear(s)

• Consider getting dark limo tint and car cover. Remember - out of sight, out of mind.

• when you go to a mall or a store, turn down your system at least 2 miles BEFORE you get there. When a thief hears you bumpin down the road, he will follow you till you park and jack your equipment when you leave. Anybody who's desperate for money will do ANYTHING to steal something.

• Please Please Please install an alarm. I know about 30 people who pack thousands of dollars worth of competition-grade Audio Equipments in their SPL vehicles and they don't even have a $100 car alarm How stupid can you be..

• 'modify' your car alarm.. It might be an overkill, but I'll install 10 additional siren around the car - two inside the hood, two underneath beside the cat, two in the trunk, and four in the cabin. Thieves don't have enough time to cut all those wires while they're blaring 130bD.

• I betcha right now I can guess where you all have your alarm brains.. they're under the dash. right? that thing can be disabled in less than 5 seconds! Don't be a fool, move that brain somewhere hidden. Mine has mixed wire colors and false wires all around, Not even a professional installer can unload it.

• modify your Kickpanels to hide the hood release latch under the dash. Mine is covering the whole thing so you will have to reach inside the kicks to pop the hood. One time I took it in for an oil change it took the guy about 10 minutes to figure out where the hood release is This is extremely important so that the thief can't disconnect your +12 source and disable your alarm.

• I can't emphasize enough how extremely important security screws are. These are oddly-shaped head screws that you can get from any hardware store. Nearly ALL thieves carry a flat screwdriver and/or phillips screwdriver all the time. A hex or square head screw will definately slow them down. If your amp is bolted to the amp rack like this, there's NO WAY they can take your equipment.. but make sure your amp rack is bolted as well.

• Ask your insurance provider if they can cover your equipment.

• Be careful on who you show your system to... remember that every person is a possible thief. Even people who post here.

• Don't leave anything "interesting" inside your car (cellphone, jewelry, heck even a quarter) this will only attract passerbys that can possibly lead to theft.

• make sure all your fuses are good and have the right rating. Moreover, make sure your equipments are FUSED. In worst case scenario, after an equipment is stolen, wirings short out literally putting the car on fire.

The next time you roll down the parking lot, remember to keep them bass down cause having a system is like having ***--- you'll never know when you're gonna get jacked //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

4 more info heres the original thread

http://audioforum.termpro.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/15/t/000677.html

please read its very helpfull knowledge

Great information! I am considering getting limo tint on all the windows besides the front windshield....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Both of my amps and all 4 subs are bolted down. Allenhead type bolts too not just some average joe bolt or drywall screw.

Have fun removing those in less than 5 mins.

I suggest the same to others as well.

e552a51ef08803f37a3fca8b9126ff13.jpg

This cable is 15' long it goes thru the trunk roof , thru the trunk, under my rear seats and a metal pipe goes though the loops with padlocks. I also have an alarm with a lcd to alarm me if I'm broken into. If anyone does try to open my hood it will open up about 3" buahahahahahahahahahhahahahaj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...