Time for new mids

Participant count
  • Participant list

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
I still love my XLs. They do whatever I tell them to do. Loud, clean, detailed no matter what volume level. But I got a rub in the surround on the passenger mid. It's ok, I can only hear it sometimes but it's there. They are no longer available so it's time to move on.

Options so far are

ID X-65 which are almost gone and I doubt powerbass will bring them back

DD AW6.5

Focal Flax depending on my boys price

JL C5

Hertz MP165.3 pro which seems to be the new XL. Waiting on a price also. I think they may be to much but would be the top pick.

I'm not worried about anything matching since they are not seen

Hopefully something really nice will pop up when it's time.

All the good stuff shows up in the classifieds when I'm broke. Like the Mille legends for sale right now.

Need at least a 4ohm and something good IB
Both are good IB candidates.
Are you basing the 4ohm thing on efficiency or sensitivity? Or are you just thinking you'll get louder with a 4ohm driver because you're getting all the watts/volts/amps out of your amplifier?

Need at least a 4ohm and something good IB
Both are good IB candidates.
Are you basing the 4ohm thing on efficiency or sensitivity? Or are you just thinking you'll get louder with a 4ohm driver because you're getting all the watts/volts/amps out of your amplifier?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.