Anyone have any input with Skar Audio 6.5 speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Are they good, bad or in between? Since the "Search" function hasn't been working, thought I'd ask here. I'm trying to update my son's audio system and am not looking to spend too much money on it. I want to change his head unit to a more current double din with Bluetooth capabilities and looking to change out his door (6.5") and rear (6x9") speakers. Was looking to just go the route of buying the Pioneer combo package from Sonic Electronix which comes with the Bluetooth stereo and 6.5 and 6x9 coaxial speakers. Maybe looking to purchase an amp also, depending on how much I spend if I go the route of buying separate speakers and not the combo package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i recommend kenwood x301 like i have it's amazing, has hp xover so speakers wont distort and u can just get like a 500-1k rms amp and 1-2 subs. 301 is $119-$129 crutchfield.. get speakers on amazon or where ever has best deal, pioneer, rf are good, but alpine, polk are favs here, to be honest lanzar speakers $29 set on ebay are good.., peeps here don't like skar owner but the subs are ok amps considered better than subs it think.. easiest way to do this is give us an idea how much u wanta spend hu, speakers, amp and subs and well see what we can come up with

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BOOMINGRANDPA']i recommend kenwood x301 like i have it's amazing, has hp xover so speakers wont distort and u can just get like a 500-1k rms amp and 1-2 subs. 301 is $119-$129 crutchfield.. get speakers on amazon or where ever has best deal, pioneer, rf are good, but alpine, polk are favs here, to be honest lanzar speakers $29 set on ebay are good.., peeps here don't like skar owner but the subs are ok amps considered better than subs it think.. easiest way to do this is give us an idea how much u wanta spend hu, speakers, amp and subs and well see what we can come up with[/QUOTE]

Thanks @BOOMINGRANDPA for your input. My budget is maybe about $300 and that's pushing it. Not really looking into fixing up his ride w/ a sub and amp for it. Don't get me wrong, I would want to, but as it is, the significant other won't let me. I'm surprised she actually let me do this lol. If my son wants bass then he can purchase the sub and amp on his own. I just want him to have a decent sounding system in his ride for when I have to ride in it or drive it. So yeah, it's partially for me too lol. I'm a Pioneer guy, but I will definitely check out that unit that you mentioned. I'll have to do a bit of research to see what might be the best bang for my buck, especially if I decide to get a 4 channel amp to power his speakers. Again, thanks for your help.

[quote name='drei4runner']Thanks @BOOMINGRANDPA for your input. My budget is maybe about $300 and that's pushing it. Not really looking into fixing up his ride w/ a sub and amp for it. Don't get me wrong, I would want to, but as it is, the significant other won't let me. I'm surprised she actually let me do this lol. If my son wants bass then he can purchase the sub and amp on his own. I just want him to have a decent sounding system in his ride for when I have to ride in it or drive it. So yeah, it's partially for me too lol. I'm a Pioneer guy, but I will definitely check out that unit that you mentioned. I'll have to do a bit of research to see what might be the best bang for my buck, especially if I decide to get a 4 channel amp to power his speakers. Again, thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]
yeah that's what happens when u don't list $ amount peeps recommend $500 speakers lol.. I highly recommend the x301 it was recomemded to me here buy a few peeps here with big systems and with the 24 bit d/a convertor 22rmsx4 honestly I don't need to amp my speakers that was y I got it so I could use the hp xover on hu instead of having to buy 2nd amp.. get the 301 and some pioneer speakers or rf or whatever for $80-$100 both sets set hp xover at 70hz or so (small speakers aren't meant to play bass and they'll last longer) then if he or u want sub and amp u get get that for $300-$500 that'll fill in the lower end..

Whoa, that is definitely way out of my price range. Shoot, my son will have better sounding speakers than my ride and my wife's ride combined. And he's not even working at the moment.
Ok, my bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif but the hi-vi's are apparently a good alternative and not so spendy

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

yeah that's what happens when u don't list $ amount peeps recommend $500 speakers lol.. I highly recommend the x301 it was recomemded to me here buy a few peeps here with big systems and with the 24 bit d/a convertor 22rmsx4 honestly I don't need to amp my speakers that was y I got it so I could use the hp xover on hu instead of having to buy 2nd amp.. get the 301 and some pioneer speakers or rf or whatever for $80-$100 both sets set hp xover at 70hz or so (small speakers aren't meant to play bass and they'll last longer) then if he or u want sub and amp u get get that for $300-$500 that'll fill in the lower end..
Hey, they were only 190 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ok, my bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif but the hi-vi's are apparently a good alternative and not so spendy 

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Hey, they were only 190 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
lol

lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.