Time Alignment Help.

Participant count
  • Participant list
I would suggest trying both extremes and then dial it in from there to your taste. I actually have up on my DSP. Just trying to give you some feedback.
I don't mind the feedback... in fact, the more input I get, the more my brain can rattle loose what needs to come out of it. I am also going to try a setting (I have 4 total presets I can program in the DSP) with NO time delay. Old school straight stereo if you will and see how that sounds. I am guessing that the left speakers will be overpowering with that setting. If so, I have some ideas....

I don't mind the feedback... in fact, the more input I get, the more my brain can rattle loose what needs to come out of it. I am also going to try a setting (I have 4 total presets I can program in the DSP) with NO time delay. Old school straight stereo if you will and see how that sounds. I am guessing that the left speakers will be overpowering with that setting. If so, I have some ideas....

The only thing I see is that tweeter in the drivers side pillar being too bright and hitting too soon. I'm no audiophile though. I dumped my DSP and went 4 four way electronic.

The RF DSP is weird... Has me measure the sub distance which is exactly 70" but I am to put in 0" for it's distance. What if I didn't have a sub... would I them measure the furthest speaker (Right Twt) and input 0" for that, measure the left twt and subtract its distance from the actual distance of the right twt? 54" - 36" = 18" for the left tweeter? Maybe I should get a different DSP lol.

The RF DSP is weird... Has me measure the sub distance which is exactly 70" but I am to put in 0" for it's distance. What if I didn't have a sub... would I them measure the furthest speaker (Right Twt) and input 0" for that, measure the left twt and subtract its distance from the actual distance of the right twt? 54" - 36" = 18" for the left tweeter? Maybe I should get a different DSP lol.

Is your sub really 6 feet away from you? I find that hard to believe.

I just don't understand why they want the furthest speaker away to be at 0 distance. I followed these steps exactly:

Delay.jpg

how do you have your mids/tweets wired up?

my setup...

left tweet = front left channel
left mid = rear left channel

right tweet = front right channel
right mid = rear right channel

that way i can delay each speaker separately

Last edited:
I just don't understand why they want the furthest speaker away to be at 0 distance. I followed these steps exactly:

Delay.jpg

i think they mean 0 because youre not going to delay your sub, which is your furthest speaker

kinda lame way to say it tho. idk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.