Ticking Sound through speakers with every silence in the playback

Participant count
  • Participant list

Crunch81

Good day people,

Can somebody tell me what is wrong with my sound system?

I have a Android head unit with a 12 inch Sub and two Audison Prima 6.5 70 Watt Rms speakers on a 500 Watt RMS Crunch Amplifier. Also have a 1 Farad Power Cap

When I am making a phone call or listening to Radio or Spotify I hear a click through my speakers. This happens only when playback stops *Click* and when playback begins *Click*. Also when I am as example making a phone call and there is a silence I also hear the *Click*. So everytime there is a silence on the radio, Spotify or phone call it’s like Click, Click.

I have already done this:

Checked ground of AMP

Disconnected Power Cap

Got a new RCA cable and plugged it in right from AMP to Headunit

Used a high/low filter to bypass RCA out from radio, no dice.

Can somebody push me in the right direction? I was thinking of a failing AMP myself?

Thanks!

Does it do it if you unlink your phone from the headunit and run another source like cd player, AUX or radio..

Also, since this is android unit, make sure it has absolutely no access to ANY radio such as other bluetooth, phone, data, NFC, etc..

Does it do it if you unlink your phone from the headunit and run another source like cd player, AUX or radio..
Also, since this is android unit, make sure it has absolutely no access to ANY radio such as other bluetooth, phone, data, NFC, etc..
When I unlink my phone it keeps doing it. The phone is no longer with me in the car.

When I unlink my phone it keeps doing it. The phone is no longer with me in the car.
get an RCA to aux adapter, plug the rca straight into the amp and play music and see if it still does it. If it doesnt do it then its the head unit thats the issue. If it does it then its the amp. The phone is not the issue here. I'm willing to bet its the cr@ppy android head unit.(sorry i think all android head units are garbage for car audio no offense)

You mean RCA to aux is it the same as high low converter?
No it just allows you to play music directly from your phone to your sound system being plugged straight into the amp.

aux2rca.jpg

android headunits like that are notorious for issues like this

EXO posted a video a while back where he found a random signal spike out of nowhere every now and then, he even showed it on a scope

And about the android: I too think it is crappy but there are so many extra features I am getting here and cannot get everything from both worlds.
we have all been waiting for a mfg to pull their heads out of their respective butts (or whever elses butt their craniums might be lodged in) to make a decent h/u with sufficient horsepower to run android and still give usual the audio tweaking we have all become accustomed to

If an android head unit can actually have a 24 bit burr brown dac with 13 band eq, time alignment, 3 pairs of 4 volt pre-outs and network mode for around 400 and is not sh*t level reliability/bugginess, I'd probably buy it in an instant. Otherwise I can't stand the sound that comes out of android radios, its beyond g@rbage and lifeless. literally makes any flac file sound like 96-128kbps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.