Threatcon 4 12" Pre-sale!!

Since it was brought up a bit in here...I want to touch on something that was mentioned.

A driver will never need XXXX power (rms) to work properly or to generate good output. The amount of power the driver will require is based on the application, setup, desired response, and the enclosure it self.

This does not just apply to C2 obviously, but seen it was brought up..so thought I would chime in.

i've been powned....
lol, naw just seen it was being discussed and thought I would toss that out there. It said on this forum all the time... "You need 2k rms to run sub.. blah blah.." Maybe a simple post to help a few now will help many later?....who knows.. lmao

lol, naw just seen it was being discussed and thought I would toss that out there. It said on this forum all the time... "You need 2k rms to run sub.. blah blah.." Maybe a simple post to help a few now will help many later?....who knows.. lmao
cool cool....now toss us a review video! Can't wait for you to review the Threatcon 4 as well when it arrives!

cool cool....now toss us a review video! Can't wait for you to review the Threatcon 4 as well when it arrives!
With the show season in full swing we have been swamped so editing progress is slow. However, after the 8th of next month we should have a little something to post up for C2. Chris and I have been talking recently about several things.... just have to wait and see what all pans out like we would like it to.

With the show season in full swing we have be swamped so editing progress is slow. However, after the 8th of next month we should have a little something to post up for C2. Chris and I have been talking recently about several things.... just have to wait and see what all pans out like we would like it to.
Sweet!

I asked chris about this while on lunch what we concluded was this:
If you want to run these in a 4th (which would be fine...and loud!) you would want to run at RMS if not a little over. He's rated these woofers very conservatively. If I were to run 2 Threatcon 4's I would at a minimum be running a quality 3k if not a 3.5k amp. If you don't want to swap out your amp but want to do a 2 12" 4th you could pick up 2 of the Threatcon 2 12's and run 800-1k to them. I've ran a clean 1k to my threatcon 2 12" and the threatcon 2 15" prototype daily and they take it no problem.
Thats what i thought, My amp would barely tickle a pair of these, maybe if i had two of these amps then it would work lol. Now here comes the tricky part, my trunk can fit 2 15s in an aeroported box or 2 12s in a 4th order, which would sound louder hmmm..

[quote name='jeffdachef']Thats what i thought, My amp would barely tickle a pair of these, maybe if i had two of these amps then it would work lol. Now here comes the tricky part, my trunk can fit 2 15s in an aeroported box or 2 12s in a 4th order, which would sound louder hmmm..[/QUOTE]

well 2 15's have the extra cone area and will get loud....although 4th orders are righteously loud as well.....thats a tricky one jeff---- maybe @pro\-rabbit ; has a definitive answer.

I wish I could sample the compliance of the surround and spiders on these. I'm considering a 8 12 wall. This seems like an amazing deal nonetheless.

I'm curious though, are these "bottomless?"

I wish I could sample the compliance of the surround and spiders on these. I'm considering a 8 12 wall. This seems like an amazing deal nonetheless.
I'm curious though, are these "bottomless?"
A wall consisting of 8 Threatcon 4 12"s would be a sight to see, hear, and feel!

Could you elaborate on "bottomless?"

--Chris

A wall consisting of 8 Threatcon 4 12"s would be a sight to see, hear, and feel!
Could you elaborate on "bottomless?"

--Chris
Are they mechanically limited? Essentially, will the coil smack the bottom plate if you go too retarded?

The 8 12s is coming into light. I just can afford new subs, so I'm building some. I'm definitely curious about these and will be staying tuned in.

At Mechanical Limits they are designed to come out of the gap (Causing Popping Sound) before bottoming out or hitting the Backplate as this impact can cause Damage to the Former. --Chris

Are they mechanically limited? Essentially, will the coil smack the bottom plate if you go too retarded?
The 8 12s is coming into light. I just can afford new subs, so I'm building some. I'm definitely curious about these and will be staying tuned in.
At Mechanical Limits they are designed to come out of the gap (Causing Popping Sound) before bottoming out or hitting the Backplate as this impact can cause Damage to the Former. --Chris
Looks like C2's got you covered!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

C2 Audio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
C2 Audio
Youngstown, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date