Threatcon 4 12" Pre-sale!!

Ya i am gettin a good price. Should i just get the 2500.1 and be done or too over kill ? I want to run two of these subs ,will the 1500.1 do it?

For that matter i have a Kicker zx 1000.1 will it do it ? i had it wired to one kicker cvr dual voice coil and it did pretty good but i didnt think it would be enough to run two 12s

Ya i am gettin a good price. Should i just get the 2500.1 and be done or too over kill ? I want to run two of these subs ,will the 1500.1 do it?For that matter i have a Kicker zx 1000.1 will it do it ? i had it wired to one kicker cvr dual voice coil and it did pretty good but i didnt think it would be enough to run two 12s
for 2 of these get te 2500

Never used polyfill but from what I've seen, you can just line the sides and back of the box to "trick" the woofer. And get the 2500.1 man. You can always wire to 1 ohm and tune so you're only sending 1k or 1.5k watts wise to a woofer. I've got a 2200 @ 1 ohm American Bass VFL-Hybrid 4480.1 amp right now that I'm only running 1 k with. Nothing wrong at all with some overhead wattage. I can't wait to pick up one of the Threatcon 4's and am glad that I got an amp with plenty of overhead for an upgrade like this.

Id love to see some of these 2500+ watt 3in coil subs truly run on 2500 watts for long time and see how many last. I'm not talking 2500watt amp wired to 1ohm rising to 3ohm only putting out 800 watts for 30 seconds. A 4 in coil should handle 1600watts true clamped power for a straight 30+ mins 3in 1200watts. Cooling can increase this a couple hundred watts tops.
I have a IA DP that I run over 1700 watts to daily for long periods of time with no problems and it has a 3" VC. I have never felt the dust cap get more then slightly warm.

I have a IA DP that I run over 1700 watts to daily for long periods of time with no problems and it has a 3" VC. I have never felt the dust cap get more then slightly warm.
So that's my point your sub is not getting 1700w, unless your using a 5k and driving around playing tones. If your using a 1700w amp and playing music your sub is getting nowhere near 1700w and its not constant

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

C2 Audio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
C2 Audio
Youngstown, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date