Threatcon 4 12" Pre-sale!!

hmm, instead of waiting for a single threatcon 4 15" ported, i might just spluge and get two of these in a 4th order box. It'll be ran on a hifonics brx 2400.1D the amps a bit overrated and there might be some box rise, would these subs be okay if they are a couple rms away from being fully powered? Would they do well in a 4th order also?

hmm, instead of waiting for a single threatcon 4 15" ported, i might just spluge and get two of these in a 4th order box. It'll be ran on a hifonics brx 2400.1D the amps a bit overrated and there might be some box rise, would these subs be okay if they are a couple rms away from being fully powered? Would they do well in a 4th order also?
I asked chris about this while on lunch what we concluded was this:

If you want to run these in a 4th (which would be fine...and loud!) you would want to run at RMS if not a little over. He's rated these woofers very conservatively. If I were to run 2 Threatcon 4's I would at a minimum be running a quality 3k if not a 3.5k amp. If you don't want to swap out your amp but want to do a 2 12" 4th you could pick up 2 of the Threatcon 2 12's and run 800-1k to them. I've ran a clean 1k to my threatcon 2 12" and the threatcon 2 15" prototype daily and they take it no problem.

you got any videos of the threatcon 4 in action?
and how do you think these would compare to a HDC3 12
Chris hasn't taken any videos (if he has I haven't seen them) of this final Threatcon 4 prototype. And I have no hands on experience with an HDC3 12 so that may have to be left up to Chris to answer.

Chris hasn't taken any videos (if he has I haven't seen them) of this final Threatcon 4 prototype. And I have no hands on experience with an HDC3 12 so that may have to be left up to Chris to answer.
ya hear that chris come talk to me!!!! lol

Im in for two threatcon 6 18"s //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Holy crap I could only imagine! I've talked to chris a little about the Threatcon 6. I'm still waiting to see a prototype....let alone an 18" prototype for the 2, 4 or 6!

Holy crap I could only imagine! I've talked to chris a little about the Threatcon 6. I'm still waiting to see a prototype....let alone an 18" prototype for the 2, 4 or 6!
I would probably be interested in threatcon 4 18s seeing as they have 4" coils I would guess they can handle 1500+.

I would probably be interested in threatcon 4 18s seeing as they have 4" coils I would guess they can handle 1500+.
Chris has put well over rated power to the prototypes. His ratings are, as he says, "bulletproof." At 1200 RMS you could play it all day long and never have an issue but still get a d@mn good amount of output. Plus he says when people rate their woofers at 1k or 500rms or 2k rms the customer ends up throwing nearly double at it anyway. So he took that into account as well. Not to mention newbies who may buy them and do that inadvertantly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

C2 Audio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
C2 Audio
Youngstown, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date