Threatcon 4 12" Pre-sale!!

C2 Audio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
C2 Audio 12" Threatcon-4

Here it is. Threatcon 4 Pre-sale for $199.99 Shipped!!!. Multiple requests for the Threatcon 4 12" woofer and after months of testing I've chosen to run with the 4" coil version.

This run of Threatcon 4 12"s is small. I've ordered the parts for 100 woofers and once they arrive I will assemble them in house. This is a pre-sale and expect the woofers to arrive within 8-10 weeks to allow for parts arrival, building and testing, and then shipping to customers.

Here are the Specifications!

12" Threatcon-4 Subwoofer

Available in Dual 4 Ohm and Dual 2 Ohm

1500 Watts RMS

4" High Temp Coil on Black Aluminum Former

Dual Black Nomex Spiders with Bolt Down Mounting

High Current Flat Tinsel Leads

Dual Stitched High Rise Rubber Surround

Enclosure Recommendations:

Sealed: 1.0 - 1.25 ft^3

Ported: 1.5 - 2.0 ft^3 @ 35hz

12" Threatcon-4

FS: 35.4 Hz

VAS: 31.8 L

QES: .37

QMS: 5.09

QTS: .34

BL: 19.7

MMS: 219.8

SENS: 91 DB

XMAX: 32 MM

EXT DIA: 12.83"

CUT OUT DIA: 11.063"

MOUNT DEPTH: 7.8"

Last edited by a moderator:
So presale was started about 45 minutes ago. I just finished posting everything and looked at recent emails. 12 woofers have already been sold...I believe these will be going fast people!

--Chris

Hello,I am new to this so go easy on me lol But I see these need to be in a sealed box with 1 cf of air space , What would happen if i put them in a box with only .95 of air space ? Or should I be looking for smaller subs ? Thanks

How do we note which voice coil configuration we would like if pre-ordering?
I will alert Chris of this. But if you are ready to order now you can put which coil configuration you would like in the order comments section. They will be either Dual 2 or Dual 4.

Just wondering what the advantages were to using a 4" coil in this specific application. Wouldn't a 3" coil been more efficient, unless these are under rated by a good 1500 watts.

My Reason for the 4" coil on this sub is because it works.... :) When I say it works, I mean that it is going to take lots of power and be reliable for a long period of time. From my 18 years experience selling car audio I have found that now more than ever if a woofer states 500 RMS, people will run 1000+ watts Daily to it. Also in many cases that 1000 watts will be dirty clipped and distorted... All while having the woofer in the wrong box. So my reason behind the oversized coils (Like the 300+ Degree 3" coil on our Threatcon-2 woofer) is that they will take power and hold up to wicked amounts of abuse. On the first production run of the Threatcon-2 12" woofers we had 2 woofers reported with issues. Only 2! One of the woofers failed after 30 minutes of torture. It was used in two bass races and than immediately into a DB drag lane all within minutes of each other. The customer was using 4 woofers running over 5K watts. So over 1250 watts to our 600 watt RMS woofer and only 1 failed due to the Former splitting.... The second woofer was sold used by another member on this forum and FedEx must have tossed it Hard, as the motor was shifted upon re-delivery to the new owner. I say that is a total Success for any woofer line. Talk to anyone that owns a C2 woofer and I am sure they will back up that our woofers will take way more abuse than any other woofer in our price range.

Now back onto the Threatcon-4 4" Coil. We are offering 100 woofers on Pre-Sale for $199 Delivered. To offer this kind of price on this Caliber of a woofer I had to use existing components and limit tooling costs. the 4" coil we are using already exists. Sure it cost me a few dollars more than the 3" but only by a few dollars. I honestly would rather spend a few more dollars now than have to get an email from someone stating their woofer failed. anyone reading this Post knows by the Parameters posted that she will take 1200 with ease in the correct box.

As I have stated before "We Use Better Components, to Offer You Better Products" I am sure we will catch a little bit of heat from other manufacturers but I would like to see some of our Higher Power Handling woofers on the streets beating cars apart, so we can move forward on other projects and continue building the C2 Audio Family. --Chris

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't trying to crap on your product or anything like that. I was truly curious. Regardless of the coil, $200 for a 12 rated at 1200 is a hard deal to pass up on.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

C2 Audio

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
C2 Audio
Youngstown, OH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date