Thoughts on idea for new setup? Am I out of date?

The OEM alt is 80 at idle and 150 at 2200 rpm. It's high for factory because of the EPAS I'm told. What's gonna happen if I use the OEM?
How much space is available in the engine compartment?

If possible you can always have a fabricator create a bracket and just Mount an extra pulley between the two alts to relieve stress on the alternators.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

How much space is available in the engine compartment?
If possible you can always have a fabricator create a bracket and just Mount an extra pulley between the two alts to relieve stress on the alternators.

Hmmm... I'd have to look again. The stock alt is buried at the bottom of the motor and fabricating brackets for dual alts is really more involved than I wanted to get. If this were a walled off setup solely for competition then I'd be all for it.

Probably not any room though. Stock is on front left bottom of motor.

2014-Ford-Focus-Titanium-engine.jpg

Hmmm... I'd have to look again. The stock alt is buried at the bottom of the motor and fabricating brackets for dual alts is really more involved than I wanted to get. If this were a walled off setup solely for competition then I'd be all for it.
Probably not any room though. Stock is on front left bottom of motor.

2014-Ford-Focus-Titanium-engine.jpg
If you plan to keep the vehicle and plan to continue upgrading even for daily usage its best to have the room or else you will be forced to keep a good amount of batteries for when you get in the bass mood.

You wont kill the alternator if you don't ride full tilt all day. Give time for the batteries to charge with less of a load going.

If you plan to keep the vehicle and plan to continue upgrading even for daily usage its best to have the room or else you will be forced to keep a good amount of batteries for when you get in the bass mood.
You wont kill the alternator if you don't ride full tilt all day. Give time for the batteries to charge with less of a load going.

Yea I'll have 1 aux battery and it's not gonna run full tilt all the time. Moderate volume on drives to and from work. Full tilt for showing off.

I was recalling some old brands I used to know and remembered AA. They don't make the Avalanche anymore I guess but this seems legit. What do y'all think?

http://www.1800woofers.com/mayhem-15-ascendant-audio-15-2500w-mayhem-series-subwoofer/

Looking like a change of plans. If I use all 40" width of my cargo area I'll leave no room to fit a battery. So I can drop to 30 or 32 inches and drop to about 3 or 3.2 cubes. So the question is, should I go with a lower power 15 and go without the battery? Or go with a high powered 12 and get the battery? Or will I be okay with 3 cubes on an AA Mayem 15?

This looks pretty serious.

Looking like a change of plans. If I use all 40" width of my cargo area I'll leave no room to fit a battery. So I can drop to 30 or 32 inches and drop to about 3 or 3.2 cubes. So the question is, should I go with a lower power 15 and go without the battery? Or go with a high powered 12 and get the battery? Or will I be okay with 3 cubes on an AA Mayem 15?
This looks pretty serious.

Yeah, it's definitely not a joke. If you're considering the mayhem, you may want to just go the Zcon route. From everything I've seen, it's a good balance between a ton of output and good sound. I don't think that's a big enough box for a 15". You have a hatch, so that's an advantage. 12" Zcon should do just fine.

If I match the angle on the back of my seats I might could get 3.75 cubes before sub displacement. 30 inches wide, 16 inches tall, 16 inch top depth, 20ish inches bottom depth. 14.5 inch x 3 inch port 15 inches long for like 37.5hz. Hmmmm.... this might work afterall. Can I run a vertical port facing back with sub up? Or does port need to be horizontal on bottom of box?

Like this. But flipped around with the angle backed up against the seat back and the port on the 90 degree face. Would have to run an angle in the port so its parallel with the back angle of the box.

I would do the most optimal box for a ported 12" and fit at least one secondary battery back there instead of using all the space for a 15. You can have the sub up and the port facing back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.