Thoughts on idea for new setup? Am I out of date?

Since this is looking to end up as a bass heavy sound system, you should look to component speakers with good sensitivity. I'm not saying to get PA style mids and bullet tweeters, but since you mentioned CDT Audio that makes me think about one set from the MX-Designs line, MX-261F. Put a 100W x 2 amp on these components and and do some proper sound deadening to the doors.
You should use a subwoofer and enclosure that will give you wide bandwidth. Focusing heavily on deep bass comes at the cost of upper bass, and that's going to make it hard to blend well with 2-way components. If you tune in the mid 30s you will still get plenty of bass down in the 20s, if your music has information that low.
I'm not in love with 20s but I didn't want to lose too much below 30. Think I should go closer to 40?

---------- Post added at 06:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

Check this emf ermagurd and run it with the twisted sounds 6.5hv that would be insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL too crazy for me

I'd look at a tantric hdd or a crossfire big boy. A local shop is selling a display crossfire for like 450 I think xs series idk. I'd give the info if you want thet are legit

I'm not in love with 20s but I didn't want to lose too much below 30. Think I should go closer to 40?
Think about how much of your music actually has anything going on below 30 Hz. That's mostly a tactile sensation and nothing that typically sounds like anything musical. There are exceptions, such as a pipe organ, but I personally would never trade great all-around musical bass for the rumbles. If you have even one band of parametric EQ below 100 Hz you can drop the usual peak from the enclosure. A knob to quickly adjust the overall level of the bass is another great tool.

I think it's too soon to fixate on a port tuning frequency. Narrow it down to a couple of subwoofers and look at the box you can fit, then model it.

How much room are you willing to give up ? Sounds like a 4th maybe the ticket here a nice 15 on 3500 rms is perfect as far as the alt. I can have one built

Think about how much of your music actually has anything going on below 30 Hz. That's mostly a tactile sensation and nothing that typically sounds like anything musical. There are exceptions, such as a pipe organ, but I personally would never trade great all-around musical bass for the rumbles. If you have even one band of parametric EQ below 100 Hz you can drop the usual peak from the enclosure. A knob to quickly adjust the overall level of the bass is another great tool.
I think it's too soon to fixate on a port tuning frequency. Narrow it down to a couple of subwoofers and look at the box you can fit, then model it.
Well I'm def going with a single 15 and somewhere around 4.5 cubes with about 60 sq in port area. That's really all I have room for. Subs up port back was the plan. I'm intrigued by the 415 and the Twisted so I'm leaning toward that now. Especially since anything less than 4k watts isn't optimal for the SP4 and I can't buy a fully loaded BTL new anymore.

How much room are you willing to give up ? Sounds like a 4th maybe the ticket here a nice 15 on 3500 rms is perfect as far as the alt. I can have one built

No room for a 4th order. The hatch of my car is like 40 inches wide and 30is deep. Trying to keep from using the whole depth and have to keep it under like 18 inches tall so my cargo cover doesn't rest on top of the sub.

Sorry for the huge pic. Mine doesn't have the factory sub in it but it's this size.

2012_ford_focus_titanium_hatchback-pic-5933272714040997135.jpeg

Well I'm def going with a single 15 and somewhere around 4.5 cubes with about 60 sq in port area. That's really all I have room for. Subs up port back was the plan. I'm intrigued by the 415 and the Twisted so I'm leaning toward that now. Especially since anything less than 4k watts isn't optimal for the SP4 and I can't buy a fully loaded BTL new anymore.

No room for a 4th order. The hatch of my car is like 40 inches wide and 30is deep. Trying to keep from using the whole depth and have to keep it under like 18 inches tall so my cargo cover doesn't rest on top of the sub.
You don't need 4k for a SP4. We had 5k for a pair it was good. Rms is a thermal or mechanical limit. It's not a number you must use. The sub will last longer and play cleaner not being maxed out.

You have about 9.4^3 to work with back there and keep it like you want. Under the 30" and 18" I just did a single 4th order 15. And it's got a very nice frequency bandwidth. It plays everything only issue is there's a lot of window flex on the windshield. But that's what my buddy wanted. But it did meter really well and bass races a 139.9 easy. Very easy

Sorry for the huge pic. Mine doesn't have the factory sub in it but it's this size.

2012_ford_focus_titanium_hatchback-pic-5933272714040997135.jpeg
You have about 9.4^3 to work with back there and keep it like you want. Under the 30" and 18" I just did a single 4th order 15. And it's got a very nice frequency bandwidth. It plays everything only issue is there's a lot of window flex on the windshield. But that's what my buddy wanted. But it did meter really well and bass races a 139.9 easy. Very easy

According to REs box calc this would be the specs.

width 40

height 14

depth 18

60 sq inches of port 12.5 x 4.8

23.4 in port length

3.776 net volume tuned to 38hz

That leaves me room to double the baffle and use a thick dowel for support. So 3.7 cubes let's call it. Kinda on the small size for a high powered 15 but nothing abnormal.

Check DC power

Just checked back with DB and called DC. No luck. Regulator was changed for 2014 and no one even has the 2012s. Gonna have to have my OEM respun at a local place.

Edit. local guy says more than 100 idle and over 200 max in the same casing as the OEM will be very difficult.

Just checked back with DB and called DC. No luck. Regulator was changed for 2014 and no one even has the 2012s. Gonna have to have my OEM respun at a local place.
So no one has one yet but are they in the works... It's a hatch people are gonna build systems in them... If I get the rs when I comes out I'm gonna do a build on it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.