Thoughts on idea for new setup? Am I out of date?

I'm betting him that on the same song every person at work will think mine is louder. His box is a sealed blowthrough in a Silverado. No room for 1 18 and I prefer the simplicity and look of 1 15 over 2 12s.
So budget for all this? Btw you're losing some output by tuning so low. You can pair the IA20.1 with the HDC415, though some people even prefer to stick with 315. You'll definitely want to tune a bit higher for that woofer and additional output. You should be able to slap a 4kW amp on the 415 easily. If you're not on a budget, go for DD9915 and call it a day.

Don't forget SSA Evil. Some guy wrote a nice review of it on its product page. Says sounds loud and clean.
Ssa evil subs like low freq like what op wants, but 4k will break the sub from a thermal stand point.

None the less very good sub if taken care of.

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

So budget for all this? Btw you're losing some output by tuning so low. You can pair the IA20.1 with the HDC415, though some people even prefer to stick with 315. You'll definitely want to tune a bit higher for that woofer and additional output. You should be able to slap a 4kW amp on the 415 easily. If you're not on a budget, go for DD9915 and call it a day.
I suppose I could go as high as maybe 37 or 38 hz. I just don't wanna lose too much low and close in on burp box specs. I know the 9915 is a beast but it's hard to justify 1100 for a sub. It's the reason I'm avoiding the RE XXX15. What do you think of the Twisted and 415? Or Sundown with the 415 or Sp4?

I haven't determined a budget per se. I'm okay with 700 for the amp, okay with 500 for the sub, another few hundred for a h/u, and 200 or so for another battery. Then 2 sheets of mdf, some carpet, and wire. Then there's also 4 sets of components or coax if I get lazy and another amp. Let's call it 2500 bucks.

I suppose I could go as high as maybe 37 or 38 hz. I just don't wanna lose too much low and close in on burp box specs. I know the 9915 is a beast but it's hard to justify 1100 for a sub. It's the reason I'm avoiding the RE XXX15. What do you think of the Twisted and 415? Or Sundown with the 415 or Sp4?
I haven't determined a budget per se. I'm okay with 700 for the amp, okay with 500 for the sub, another few hundred for a h/u, and 200 or so for another battery. Then 2 sheets of mdf, some carpet, and wire. Then there's also 4 sets of components or coax if I get lazy and another amp. Let's call it 2500 bucks.
You can do the Evil on twisted 3.5k, that's $1500 right there. Only caviat with SSA stuff is that it'll take you a month to get one. Soundqubed subs aren't low end monsters. You'll be loud, but you're not in decaf territory.

Ssa evil subs like low freq like what op wants, but 4k will break the sub from a thermal stand point.
None the less very good sub if taken care of.

Just looked up the sub. I forgot all about SSA. The sub looks nice. As for the power, I doubt that I'll get anywhere near 4k. Even if I choose a 3500w amp I likely won't hold 14.4v so 3k is going to be about it I think.

So many options. Does Soundstream still make monster 15s? Pete Kuliki used to use Tarantula XXXs.

Just looked up the sub. I forgot all about SSA. The sub looks nice. As for the power, I doubt that I'll get anywhere near 4k. Even if I choose a 3500w amp I likely won't hold 14.4v so 3k is going to be about it I think.
So many options. Does Soundstream still make monster 15s? Pete Kuliki used to use Tarantula XXXs.
If you find them in good condition. If you raise the freq to 34hz then alot if not most subs that have enough motor force should do fine towards low end music.

I rather not name subs, but as for brands DD, Sundown, Tantric, FI, Soundqubed, SSA, American Bass all make decent priced subs.

If i name a sub someone here will bash it due to there likings.

If you find them in good condition. If you raise the freq to 34hz then alot if not most subs that have enough motor force should do fine towards low end music.
I rather not name subs, but as for brands DD, Sundown, Tantric, FI, Soundqubed, SSA, American Bass all make decent priced subs.

If i name a sub someone here will bash it due to there likings.

Understood. I'm def leaning toward the 415 or SP4 due to the price. The Twisted looks good too for the money and although I've never heard of it I've always gotten good responses from the members here and at SMD.com. So maybe I need to go 415, twisted, 4.5 cubes, 60sq in, 35 hz.

Understood. I'm def leaning toward the 415 or SP4 due to the price. The Twisted looks good too for the money and although I've never heard of it I've always gotten good responses from the members here and at SMD.com. So maybe I need to go 415, twisted, 4.5 cubes, 60sq in, 35 hz.
I think there will be a trade off. SP4 will probably sound better and play lower and on your power, the 415 will be louder. From everything I've read, takes a lot of power for the SP4 to get really going.

Check this emf ermagurd and run it with the twisted sounds 6.5hv that would be insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh and I just installed my twisted ts1.8 and its louder and cleaner than the Orion xtr 2200.1d that I just had in my truck... Not really surprised tho I installed my mechman 370a alternator yesterday and it laughes at the power draw... Full tilt at idle I seen 14.4v lol with nothing playing it rests at 14.63v

Since this is looking to end up as a bass heavy sound system, you should look to component speakers with good sensitivity. I'm not saying to get PA style mids and bullet tweeters, but since you mentioned CDT Audio that makes me think about one set from the MX-Designs line, MX-261F. Put a 100W x 2 amp on these components and and do some proper sound deadening to the doors.

You should use a subwoofer and enclosure that will give you wide bandwidth. Focusing heavily on deep bass comes at the cost of upper bass, and that's going to make it hard to blend well with 2-way components. If you tune in the mid 30s you will still get plenty of bass down in the 20s, if your music has information that low.

Oh and I just installed my twisted ts1.8 and its louder and cleaner than the Orion xtr 2200.1d that I just had in my truck... Not really surprised tho I installed my mechman 370a alternator yesterday and it laughes at the power draw... Full tilt at idle I seen 14.4v lol with nothing playing it rests at 14.63v

This is another issue. I cannot find an HO alt for my car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.