Thoughts on idea for new setup? Am I out of date?

germanyt
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback

DB HO alternator

Big 3

Yellow Top aux battery

15" Fi SP4 in 4.4 cubes @ 30hz w/ 60 sq inches of port (sub up port back, mdf, no aero ports)

Incriminator Audio 20.1

CDT or comparable components

undecided on active or passive mids/highs

Don't know what is a good h/u anymore. Pioneer, Alpine, Nak still good?

I don't believe sundowns are built by zenon anymore however this one is and it kills rated
TS3.5KW - Twisted Sounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. I've never heard of twisted sound. But I have been out of the game a while.

Also, I just got off the phone with Ohio Generator and that was the most insulting and unprofessional conversation I've ever had with a business over the phone. Will not do business with them.

Interesting. I've never heard of twisted sound. But I have been out of the game a while.

Also, I just got off the phone with Ohio Generator and that was the most insulting and unprofessional conversation I've ever had with a business over the phone. Will not do business with them.
Who did you talk to? I've called Ohio Generator for information, didn't place an order, and it was a really good experience.

I've been running Pioneer or Clarion head units in my vehicle for a few years. They have their pros and cons. Nakamichi is cheap stuff now.

2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
DB HO alternator

Big 3

Yellow Top aux battery

15" Fi SP4 in 4.4 cubes @ 30hz w/ 60 sq inches of port (sub up port back, mdf, no aero ports)

Incriminator Audio 20.1

CDT or comparable components

undecided on active or passive mids/highs

Don't know what is a good h/u anymore. Pioneer, Alpine, Nak still good?
Are you set on that sub? IA 20.1 probably wouldn't be enough for that thing. From what I see, you want to get low and loud? Can't go wrong with CDT.

Have budget in mind?

Who did you talk to? I've called Ohio Generator for information, didn't place an order, and it was a really good experience.
I've been running Pioneer or Clarion head units in my vehicle for a few years. They have their pros and cons. Nakamichi is cheap stuff now.
Some guy named Tom or Ted. Apparently I'm not the only one with this same experience.

ohio generator alternators - Electrical-battery- Alternators- Wiring - SMD Forum

Are you set on that sub? IA 20.1 probably wouldn't be enough for that thing. From what I see, you want to get low and loud? Can't go wrong with CDT.
Have budget in mind?

I'm looking for the most bang for the buck. Until yesterday I didn't even realize that they didn't make the BTL anymore. RE is US Amps money now and Brahma isn't around anymore. DD is still good as far as I know. As for the amp I'm starting to lean toward the Sundown or even that Twisted. I have a broken Autotek MM4000.1D that has never been installed. Just clicks when you hook it up, no output. No budget in mind. I'm gonna piece it together slow. Not gonna drop a bunch of money at once. Thinking of getting dash kit and electrical stuff taken care of while I decide what sub and amp to use.

Some guy named Tom or Ted. Apparently I'm not the only one with this same experience.
ohio generator alternators - Electrical-battery- Alternators- Wiring - SMD Forum

I'm looking for the most bang for the buck. Until yesterday I didn't even realize that they didn't make the BTL anymore. RE is US Amps money now and Brahma isn't around anymore. DD is still good as far as I know. As for the amp I'm starting to lean toward the Sundown or even that Twisted. I have a broken Autotek MM4000.1D that has never been installed. Just clicks when you hook it up, no output. No budget in mind. I'm gonna piece it together slow. Not gonna drop a bunch of money at once. Thinking of getting dash kit and electrical stuff taken care of while I decide what sub and amp to use.
If you don't want to break the bank, SQ HDC315 would be it. Maybe even 415. There's a FS thread for some ZCONs as well - think those are FI built. For that SP4, I'd go with a 4k amp though.

yea that sp4 will take 4k like nothing, but 2k makes em move decent, friend had a sp4 18 on a hifonics bre2500 and it was pretty nasty. on the headings, the big players ring now seem to be alpine 149bt and pioneer 80prs, thats single din, if you want double din pioneer NEX series is really nice

If you don't want to break the bank, SQ HDC315 would be it. Maybe even 415. There's a FS thread for some ZCONs as well - think those are FI built. For that SP4, I'd go with a 4k amp though.
First time ever hearing of an HDC415 but the T/S look legit. Let's say I went with the twisted or sundown amp, which sub would respond to that power better? I'm not big on SQ but not totally disregarding it.

BTW I'm betting a friend who just installed 4 RE *** 12s that I'll be louder than him.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

yea that sp4 will take 4k like nothing, but 2k makes em move decent, friend had a sp4 18 on a hifonics bre2500 and it was pretty nasty. on the headings, the big players ring now seem to be alpine 149bt and pioneer 80prs, thats single din, if you want double din pioneer NEX series is really nice
I'm leaning towards single din but we'll see. My last one was a P880PRS.

291159496DEH-P880PRS_Left_med.jpg

I loved it so much I'd almost by another one.

First time ever hearing of an HDC415 but the T/S look legit. Let's say I went with the twisted or sundown amp, which sub would respond to that power better? I'm not big on SQ but not totally disregarding it.

BTW I'm betting a friend who just installed 4 RE *** 12s that I'll be louder than him.

---------- Post added at 01:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

I'd stay away from the SP4 then. Are you betting him your setup in general will be louder or are you betting him that you can make a single 15" get louder? If the former, can you do 2 12s or 1 18?

thats a pretty bold bet.... ALOT of factors can make or break both of you guys... if you liked the older bro then get the 80prs the active features are nice.

I'd stay away from the SP4 then. Are you betting him your setup in general will be louder or are you betting him that you can make a single 15" get louder? If the former, can you do 2 12s or 1 18?
I'm betting him that on the same song every person at work will think mine is louder. His box is a sealed blowthrough in a Silverado. No room for 1 18 and I prefer the simplicity and look of 1 15 over 2 12s.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.