This, that and/or...So many speakers I cant decide. Advice?

Jeffdachef and LossIsATool are absolutely right about rear fill. I am currently running Morel Tempo Ultra 602 two-way components up front with 6x9 speakers in rear deck and no sub (hopefully not for long, although). The 6x9s are practically useless. They don't add much, if any, to my music enjoyment. If both rear fill speakers were to die, I'd probably not even notice their disappearance. When I do get my sub I will be disconnecting the rear fill.

By the way, check out those Morel Tempo Ultra 602 speakers. You can get them on Ebay for about $265. I'm not going to rant and rave about them (I've done that too much on this forum, lately), but Google search "Morel Tempo Ultra 602 review" and you will find a build log using these speakers and the guy talks a lot about them.

Jeffdachef and LossIsATool are absolutely right about rear fill. I am currently running Morel Tempo Ultra 602 two-way components up front with 6x9 speakers in rear deck and no sub (hopefully not for long, although). The 6x9s are practically useless. They don't add much, if any, to my music enjoyment. If both rear fill speakers were to die, I'd probably not even notice their disappearance. When I do get my sub I will be disconnecting the rear fill.
By the way, check out those Morel Tempo Ultra 602 speakers. You can get them on Ebay for about $265. I'm not going to rant and rave about them (I've done that too much on this forum, lately), but Google search "Morel Tempo Ultra 602 review" and you will find a build log using these speakers and the guy talks a lot about them.
Thanks.

I'm thinking about (since I don't need huge bass) buying the Hertz ESK 163L set in the front. Found a guy in Europe selling them in Euros and the CDN $ is quite strong against the Euro so the price is more than good in CDN.

Then I think I'm going to put 6 3/4" subs in the rear doors. Kicker makes them in a shallow mount. They should drop right in.

Nice clean install all in factory locations. Powering with a 4 channel Zapco amp.

I'm thinking this will give me the sq I want, a little extra bass kick, and nice an clean with no boxes.

You don't want to put subwoofers in doors. That never works right

Agreed. Power is super cheap and beefy 8" subs which will function in around 1 cubic foot gross are common as dirt.

Also I'm a little late to the party here, but while Zapco may be manufactured overseas now (I think almost everything is) they will at least use proprietary designs and keep a tight rein on quality control.

Agreed. Power is super cheap and beefy 8" subs which will function in around 1 cubic foot gross are common as dirt.
Also I'm a little late to the party here, but while Zapco may be manufactured overseas now (I think almost everything is) they will at least use proprietary designs and keep a tight rein on quality control.
IDK. Atrend is already bringing out pretty budget level stuff with the Zapco name.

IDK. Atrend is already bringing out pretty budget level stuff with the Zapco name.

The point being China will make whatever it is you tell them to make. Korea today is what Japan was in the 80's as far as manufacturing electronics and cars. Assuming enough oversight and control of what's coming out of the factories, China should be capable of manufacturing a quality product. It is my suspicion that the reason China produces mostly junk is because these "brands" who use Chinese manufacturing give them a per-unit price they want and accept any corners cut to get there.

Of course if Zapco is deciding to make a "budget" line that may well be junk, but I'd say it's a bad move on their part, really devaluing their brand name overall.

I love rear fillers. I want every passenger in my car to experience good sound as well as me hearing the music all around me and not just coming from the front. The mid-bass response is more divine hearing it come from the back too.

I love rear fillers. I want every passenger in my car to experience good sound as well as me hearing the music all around me and not just coming from the front. The mid-bass response is more divine hearing it come from the back too.
Trader-Shark-circling-island.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.