This is the craziest head unit I have ever seen (also what brand do you prefer)

What head unit do you prefer?

• Kenwood

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Alpine

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • Pioneer

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • Clarion

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • JVC

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • RCA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panasonic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
nope I can't remember exactly where but it's down south united states.
well i am stupid.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

what does IIRC stand for?

I always thought it was from europe. I never looked into them to be honest. HAHA It just sounds european.
Discover McIntosh

The people behind the scenes at McIntosh possess a desire to achieve the finest quality standards. McIntosh has defined quality sound reproduction and sets the standards for performance, reliability and service. McIntosh has handcrafted prestige audio products in Binghamton, NY since 1949. Glassfront panels, Output Autoformers®, Blue Watt Meters and Power Guard®are some of the innovations that enhance our product longevity.

McIntosh | Discovery

Tried my first alpine in years with the 117 it sounded good but no lp wtf even the most basic hu have that I shouldn't have to by the imprint for that sold it went back to pioneer got the 860mp thanks infamous

I have ran Alpine since 1995. No failures, always sold for good money. Good resale value, very user friendly, etc. newer models not so much in features, but still good build quality. Several models with fiber optic. DVA-7996 even had DVD-A capability.

Eclipse is a great HU brand as well. Funky cosmetics but excellent signal path. Superior sound, inferior looks.

I don't count the Denon, McIntosh, etc. since they are so pricey... Granted I would have a MX406 over any double din DVD HU.

Rockford HUs were ok, but short lived. We had a good number of failures on the lower end models.

I agree Clarion has had a few nice pieces.

And even Sony had great Moble ES pieces.

But for long term, consistent HUs with good sound, good features, good resale, good interfaces, and readily available... Alpine wins. More 3-way capable models and all CDA models are compatible with any Ai-Net processor. I recently ran a 1996 CDA-7930 with a 2008 PXA-H701.

LMAO at the creative use of adjectives in the product description:

"built-in vacuum tube amplifier for all the retro-sounding overtones you so desperately desire"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...