This design is kickin me in the ***

06goat
10+ year member

bumpin bluegrass
Michigan
I want sub up in the center of the box, ports up on both sides, kerfed, 2.25@ 28hz. HOW SHOULD I DO MY PORT, Its a pain in the d!ck fittin ~65Inches of port on both sides of the box. Any ideas how i should arrange my port? Is kerfing out of the questin?

Max dimensions are 44''wide, 18'' tall, and 15.5''deep

Box is for a xxx(05)

Ok thanks So my only option is to snake the port up and down?
That's what it looks like. The 1.5" example I used had nothing to do with the 65" port comment you made earlier. I just used some of your dimensions to make up a hypothetical box situation.

I'm not big into box design but would a port that uses length of the box be doable like 44 inchs long?
A single port would be much easier in this situation. He could just do it with a single 90* turn...but I assume he's wanting the dual ports for aesthetic reasons.

A single port would be much easier in this situation. He could just do it with a single 90* turn...but I assume he's wanting the dual ports for aesthetic reasons.
Yes it would be but i just really like the look of it when its all symmetrical

Why are you doing sub up port up? You could possibly do sub up, port back along the bottom of the box with a kerf. My box is like this(without the kerf though) and I really like how it looks and it sounds good too in my car.

Why are you doing sub up port up? You could possibly do sub up, port back along the bottom of the box with a kerf. My box is like this(without the kerf though) and I really like how it looks and it sounds good too in my car.
I thought about this but I want to be able to throw **** in the back of my truck without having to worry about it blocking the port or the port ******* anything up.

How about a "false port" on one side?
Thats actually not a bad idea at all and I never thought about that.. You may have just changed my design completely. Thank you kind sir

you could always look into aeros too, that could make doing a false port very easy if you needed to.
Thought about that as well, but with tuning this low and the aeros pointing up with only 18in of depth, it wouldnt of been possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.