Thinking its time for car pc

Participant count
  • Participant list

dumple
5,000+ posts

What's in your trunk?
Philly
So I'm thinking the genesis needs some upgrades and first on the list is the stereo. I'm thinking of doing a single seven inch monitor and retaining the factory radio or doing a dual 7 inch monitor with aftermarket sound but I'm not sure which way is going to work.

2 questions how does audio go from the pc to the car without an aftermarket radio and if I did the dual monitor set up would a radio say like my 9887 be useful.

if your using a pc for car it should integrate like using a pc for a home theatre receiver. I have not done this but your audio will go to the car stereo either by soundcard of the pc converted to rca and video will go to your monitors.

Like i said i have not done this, but by theory it should work.

I think its easier to use a tablet than a pc or any phone with hdmi out to a monitor

if your using a pc for car it should integrate like using a pc for a home theatre receiver. I have not done this but your audio will go to the car stereo either by soundcard of the pc converted to rca and video will go to your monitors.
Like i said i have not done this, but by theory it should work.

I think its easier to use a tablet than a pc or any phone with hdmi out to a monitor

meh I dont want to use the tablet, im leaning more towards dual screens so I can run digital gauges on the top screen and navi/music on the bottom

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.