Things that piss you off bring em here lol.

Originally posted by jtmoney  

just what my sig says - quality advice, not ******** is what people want and importnatly its what you will be rembered for....thats why everybody is asking for people like rangerman, ramos, jlman (& me of course //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif ) because they give accurate, advice, not merely bull to get their posts up.......i honestly cant remember the last time i looked at my post count and though hmmm...i need more posts - i only post when i know i can help, thats why i havent even got that many when you look at the other members.
Hey, I'll be the first to admit, a lot of my posts are spent on arguements, joking around, some spent on learning, and the rest on helping others, or pretending I know what I am talking about. Let me make a statement now, for those of you out there, that I gave bad advice, such as sticking your tongue on the battery terminal to make sure you were getting 14.4 volts, I am very sorry, go out and buy a voltmeter. No hard feelings........I hope.

P.S. Give it some time, the black stuff on your tongue will heal soon, unfortunately, you will never be able to tell what Ice Cream tastes like, or that Cheese Pizza,....etc. What the heck, you didn't need your taste buds anyways.

I am sure there are people on here with 10 posts that are just as knowledgable as some of the guys with 2000 posts. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif But at any rate, I have a bit of respect for some of the guys on here that respond left and right to some of the dumbest, most aggrivating questions out there and completely take everyone seriously and really genuinely want to help. It really probably takes alot of there time and dedication to keep up with all these posts. Although I have few posts, they have been spanned out of over a year I think I have had this account on here and just recently I have come back and started making some posts, but I rememmber back when I just started getting involved in this stuff, I know I asked plenty of stupid questions and got a lot of good help. Now I am doing my own installs and have a fairly good grip on what is going on, and I know I could still come on here and ask some really dumb questions and dont know nearly as much as many of the members on this forum. So yah thanks to all you guys (and you know who you are) that post honestly, genuinely, and helpfully to all of us.

Anyways back to the start of this thread. I really wonder about what people say sometimes about products cause you wonder have these people owned this stuff. You can hear something on a board in a store or even in your friends car, but you really don't know how to fairly rate things until you have owned them for a long time. When I was looking to put together my system, I got a lot of varying opinions. One thing specifically was about amplifiers. My professional installer who did my system told me to go with the Xtant amps because he knew what I was looking for (which was the most power and quality I could get for my money with in reason). I talked to alot of people who said go with other stuff and that xtant was this and that. And what really got me was my installer told me ask those people on the forums and people from stores that told you anything different...ask them if they have ever owned Xtant X series amps. And I did not even have to ask, because I knew the answer was going to be no for most, probably all those people. My installer owns Xtant and he said most people look down on them because of the price, but once you own it, you never go back. IMO I think my stuff sounds awesome and that my installer was right.

OK the other thing that kind of pisses me of and this is in my opinion because I have never had any personal experience with the following products but... When people say go with a jbl 1200.1 and a Brahma to every other person who asks about a good sub combination on here and say its super loud and super clean I get really annoyed. I just can not believe, and maybe I am wrong, that that setup could possibly come close to the SQL that I am used to. I am almost to the point of ordering the stuff just to hear it because I really want to know, but I do have 700$ sitting around at the moment heh. But like I said everyones opinions differ on what is LOUD and what sounds GOOD. But yeh thats all my 2 cents on everything. Later guys and respect the elders!!!!!!

~Bobby

Oh agreed the XTANT amps and Autotek are some of my favorites amps. I mean I could afford them if I really wanted too but what I have no is efficient enough I mean my bd Fosgates get me by until next season when I will be gettin another 9500 sub and four new amps just dont know what kind yet all I know is I am going for 160s.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by jlman Oh agreed the XTANT amps and Autotek are some of my favorites amps. I mean I could afford them if I really wanted too but what I have no is efficient enough I mean my bd Fosgates get me by until next season when I will be gettin another 9500 sub and four new amps just dont know what kind yet all I know is I am going for 160s.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I love Autotek, but I have never been impressed with XTANT...I'm not saying that they are horrible, because they are not, by any stretch of the imagination, but there is better stuff out there for the money, and XTANT is known to overhead...

Yea they do overheat and really are too expensive for the amp you get but still pretty good amps. I would say if i had the money I would go all zapco.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.