Things that piss you off bring em here lol.

jlman
10+ year member

Review Committee
Ok lets start I hate it on here when people say hey you should get the brahama or you should get the shiva xxx ect... when half of them have never heard it nor reviewed it and same with half the products on here. Then people go out buy the sub or amp and some of them end up having a product they dont even like. I mean I know this forum is to help but seriouysly (Espically new people) Dont go by what we say its all opinons you want some stereo equipment go listen to it i mean yea we say its a good prduct but you might get somthing you dont want or like. I mean most of these people on here are going by what they have heard me or big bass man or ranger mad or Jllaine say and they go and tell other people oh you should get this or that casue its awsome but hey i dont even know casue i have never even heard the **** thing. It just would make me think twice and am warning new comers look into what you buy casue you might be gettn an opinon from someone who doesnt even know what thier talking about. I mean you dont see me going around saying this casue some of the subs i have never heard or reviewed so all i am sayin is watch out on almost have the people on here casue they are running around talkin about crap they dont even know lol. I had a bad day at work and rather than takin it out on family am doing it on the keyboard (**** thing is fallin apart lol) just saw a post and it set me off what do you guys think does that kinda bug you too?

Originally posted by jlman Ok lets start I hate it on here when people say hey you should get the brahama or you should get the shiva xxx ect... when half of them have never heard it nor reviewed it and same with half the products on here. Then people go out buy the sub or amp and some of them end up having a product they dont even like. I mean I know this forum is to help but seriouysly (Espically new people) Dont go by what we say its all opinons you want some stereo equipment go listen to it i mean yea we say its a good prduct but you might get somthing you dont want or like. I mean most of these people on here are going by what they have heard me or big bass man or ranger mad or Jllaine say and they go and tell other people oh you should get this or that casue its awsome but hey i dont even know casue i have never even heard the **** thing. It just would make me think twice and am warning new comers look into what you buy casue you might be gettn an opinon from someone who doesnt even know what thier talking about. I mean you dont see me going around saying this casue some of the subs i have never heard or reviewed so all i am sayin is watch out on almost have the people on here casue they are running around talkin about crap they dont even know lol. I had a bad day at work and rather than takin it out on family am doing it on the keyboard (**** thing is fallin apart lol) just saw a post and it set me off what do you guys think does that kinda bug you too?
I totally agree here fellas, especially in the SQ category...I mean, numbers don't lie SPL wise, but what I think is good SQ might not be to you, so you should always listen to one before buying one if you have the chance

I agree that people should refrain from posting about stuff they have no personal experience with. Unless they also add a disclaimer to that effect. I never respond to posts that I'm clueless about. But if no one has answered a post and the guy is desperate for an answer, I might say something like "I have no personal experience with this but so-and-so has a good reputation..."

As far as listening before buying, that's a mixed bag. An open-back sound board demo display at the local Tweeter shop isn't gonna sound like your car. We all know that installation is everything. Personally, I rely ~heavily~ on the advice from the forums.

I agree with what you are saying to a point, but you have to remember that there is no way you can listen to every sub or every brand of sub. So in this case, you can go by what other people say. For instance lets take the Shiva or the Brahma into consideration. Based on the information provided on the adire website, reviews, and experiences from trusted people, then with that said, you can go out on a limb and say, based on what you (the buyer) want, I believe these sub(s) will best fit what you are looking for. I usually try to give a variety, unless they have it narrowed down to two subs, if I haven't heard one sub, but have heard the other, then I will usually base my opinion on what others have said about the sub I haven't heard. For instance, in a post earlier someone was asking about the MOMO or the Shiva, I've heard the MOMO, and I like the SQ, but it doesn't get very loud and it is overpriced. I've never heard the Shiva, but, I have talked with Dan Wiggins, and I have seen results from what everyone else has said, SQ like said, is very hard to judge, but you can go on the assumption that if 9 out of 10 people think it is great, then you have a small chance of giving bad advice. No system will sound alike, I've seen people with the exact same setup, from wires to amps, and they sounded different, so what you have a good experience with, doesn't mean every other person will have the same. Now, if Joe Blow comes on saying Pyramid is better than JL, or Kicker, then that's something to get pissed about. They say there is no best woofer, but there is are companies out there that make amazing products, so as long as you aren't promoting a **** product, you should be happy.

Yea but basically what I made this topic about was I was scrolling throug the pages and almost every post is what sub. Well I go on to help and its already been answered by someone who I gurentee has never heard the sub and they say get the Brahama they are awsome. Well i hate to break it to yea but yea the sub is good but there is better subs out there I mean you look on other peoples post and go by what they say. I mean yea you cant heard every single sub on the planet but look into it is all I am saying dont go by what other people say I mean we can help but you should be the ones to make the desision on your own. I went with the DD 9500 series by pure gut instinct never really asked too much just went with it becasue of the capabiltys the sub had. But really this is what it said hey how goo is so in so sub well this person came back and was trying to act like they knew what they were talkin about when maybe a month ago was asking how to wire up a friggin amp. bu anyway came back saying those subs **** they lack sq and are all spl when i bet they have never heard nore seen the sub and then people steer clear of the sub when really it was actully the best sub in its calss for the $$$ IMO just kinda made me mad in a way but understandable if some subs you cant hear but at least try to demo it or look around before you buy a product off the net.

I know what your saying, I've seen a several posts where a "new" member was asking about a sub, then a week later, they are an expert about the sub, yet, their sub hasn't even been shipped.

Originally posted by Phatillusion I know what your saying, I've seen a several posts where a "new" member was asking about a sub, then a week later, they are an expert about the sub, yet, their sub hasn't even been shipped.
thats quite funny, yet sadly quite true:rolleyes: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well thats why there makeing a "Product Review "for Sub, Speakers, Amps ,Hu in the forum. For the real people that have the STUFF and can say that good or not and its still just what they think. I wouldnt reply to a post unless heard, use or installed the thing there asking about. if you dont know than dont answer. thats just MY 2Cents

1.- i hate it when all the senior members reply to someone who asks "what kind of sub do i need for these subs?" with another fckn question like this:

"what r u looking for? spl sq? do u want it mono or multi channel, bridgeable etc etc."

i mean, were new at this! if we knew all ur asking we wouldnt be here, most of the time we wish to know number of watts needed for a sub and were probably looking for something loud that sounds good enough. were no experts at this so we wont be competing in spl or sq, just something that will work fine.

2.- i hate it when u ask a simple honest question and the senior members treat u like an ignorat. ex. where should i place my power wire? ... and the answear we get is "read the manual"

fck that! we come here looking for help and all u guys come up with is that kind of sht?

3.- i hate it when we start a thread in a foreing languaje looking for people who talk the same and most of the replies we get r "stuid ass gringo spanish" please spare us the waste of time we dont really like to read ur "taco bell spanish classes" asi que dejense de mamadas ok?

4.- i hate it when people just post replies to get the senior member degree and dont give us anything useful.

5.- i hate u too lol!!

Originally posted by cacomixtle 1.- i hate it when all the senior members reply to someone who asks "what kind of sub do i need for these subs?" with another fckn question like this:

"what r u looking for? spl sq? do u want it mono or multi channel, bridgeable etc etc."

i mean, were new at this! if we knew all ur asking we wouldnt be here, most of the time we wish to know number of watts needed for a sub and were probably looking for something loud that sounds good enough. were no experts at this so we wont be competing in spl or sq, just something that will work fine.

2.- i hate it when u ask a simple honest question and the senior members treat u like an ignorat. ex. where should i place my power wire? ... and the answear we get is "read the manual"

fck that! we come here looking for help and all u guys come up with is that kind of sht?

3.- i hate it when we start a thread in a foreing languaje looking for people who talk the same and most of the replies we get r "stuid ass gringo spanish" please spare us the waste of time we dont really like to read ur "taco bell spanish classes" asi que dejense de mamadas ok?

4.- i hate it when people just post replies to get the senior member degree and dont give us anything useful.

5.- i hate u too lol!!
1) It's not just senior members that ask SQ or SPL, and the reason the question is asked is because some people just care about SPL (loudness) and others want it to sound good (SQ).

2) Who told you to read the manual, I doubt it was a senior member, because when you buy your power wire at the store, you don't get a manual

3) I remember only one foreign language thread, and some people dropped in and could interpret a few words, gave a little help, then Ramos (I believe it was you) came in and helped the person out.

4) Post count means nothing, anybody can post a bunch of bologne and get their count up high, people are just giving their opinions.

5) Why do you have all this hate in you? Hate doesn't do a body good, drink a glass of milk, take a Hatemenot pill, and get some rest.

1) It's not just senior members that ask SQ or SPL, and the reason the question is asked is because some people just care about SPL (loudness) and others want it to sound good (SQ).

2) Who told you to read the manual, I doubt it was a senior member, because when you buy your power wire at the store, you don't get a manual

3) I remember only one foreign language thread, and some people dropped in and could interpret a few words, gave a little help, then Ramos (I believe it was you) came in and helped the person out.

4) Post count means nothing, anybody can post a bunch of bologne and get their count up high, people are just giving their opinions.

5) Why do you have all this hate in you? Hate doesn't do a body good, drink a glass of milk, take a Hatemenot pill, and get some rest.

1.- i think i made myself clear about it in my previous post, so no comment on this

2.- this didnt happen to me i read a post from someone else and i beleive it was jlaline or rangerman or one of those guys who replied like that

3.- ive seen at least 4 threads i never started out one and yes ramos tried to help out but as i said most of the people just want to show off their taco bell spanish

4.-thats what i was tryin to say,

5.- man take a chill pill already, i was just messin with u, **** cant make a joke with u people

If you are joking say you are joking. But it sounded to me like you were made about something. Also, some of the new members try to be a-holes, they know who they are, so in that case, of course they are going to get a smart @ss answer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.