Hi, help me on amplifier and subwoofer things

If that amp is 3K watts RMS, then if you set it at clipping, you might be sending well over 3K watts to that sub. That sub probably won't last long.

If you don't need the full RMS output of your amp, here is how you use your gain to drop the power output. This way you can also back off a number or two on the head unit, and you will have the option to put a little more into it for the right song. Plus your head unit might be distorting the signal at full volume. If you don't have the equipment to test your head unit's signal quality at higher/full volume, back off a number or two when you set it, and you can make sure your head unit is not causing distortion.

If that amp is 3K watts RMS, then if you set it at clipping, you might be sending well over 3K watts to that sub. That sub probably won't last long.

If you don't need the full RMS output of your amp, here is how you use your gain to drop the power output. This way you can also back off a number or two on the head unit, and you will have the option to put a little more into it for the right song. Plus your head unit might be distorting the signal at full volume. If you don't have the equipment to test your head unit's signal quality at higher/full volume, back off a number or two when you set it, and you can make sure your head unit is not causing distortion.

i have clip light in amp so i wont set it clipping

So ive got 3k watt 1ohm amplifier and then subwoofer with 1200rms watt 1ohm on specs, so do i set the gain on amplifier till clip and then a little back off, or do i need to set it to match that 1200~ watt. Help
Does your amp do a legit 3k? There are a lot of over rated power numbers out there. It really depends on sub as far as over powering it...some subs will take more than rated well others won't last long

So ive got 3k watt 1ohm amplifier and then subwoofer with 1200rms watt 1ohm on specs, so do i set the gain on amplifier till clip and then a little back off, or do i need to set it to match that 1200~ watt. Help
You can't really set it to a specific wattage. What head unit do you have? Find out the pre-amp RCA voltage. Most amp gain knobs are based off of the pre-amp input voltage.
What subs are you using? (size and model number)
What are the dimensions/parameters of your enclosure? (sealed or ported? include tuning fq if ported) -

example: My Alpine type r 10s easily take 800 watts rms in a sealed box. In a well tuned ported box, this amount of power would blow them up posthaste. Response curve and max power handling are GREATLY affected by your choice of box.

The simplest explanation could be that you're simply overpowering them. Attach pics of your work, along with the model numbers for every bass component (amp, subs, box, power delivery)
I strongly advise against pushing the limits of new speakers. Play them at 1/2 volume or lower for ~20 hours to allow for proper break in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...