Things that piss you off bring em here lol.

Originally posted by cacomixtle 1.- i hate it when all the senior members reply to someone who asks "what kind of sub do i need for these subs?" with another fckn question like this:

"what r u looking for? spl sq? do u want it mono or multi channel, bridgeable etc etc."

i mean, were new at this! if we knew all ur asking we wouldnt be here, most of the time we wish to know number of watts needed for a sub and were probably looking for something loud that sounds good enough. were no experts at this so we wont be competing in spl or sq, just something that will work fine.

2.- i hate it when u ask a simple honest question and the senior members treat u like an ignorat. ex. where should i place my power wire? ... and the answear we get is "read the manual"

fck that! we come here looking for help and all u guys come up with is that kind of sht?

3.- i hate it when we start a thread in a foreing languaje looking for people who talk the same and most of the replies we get r "stuid ass gringo spanish" please spare us the waste of time we dont really like to read ur "taco bell spanish classes" asi que dejense de mamadas ok?

4.- i hate it when people just post replies to get the senior member degree and dont give us anything useful.

5.- i hate u too lol!!
I'm about fed up with all the newbies...I am not going to help you ass holes ANYMORE!!! What the **** is with you...you have to learn JUST LIKE WE DID!!! If you don't know what SPL and SQ is...LOOK IT UP. THAT IS WHAT THE SEARCH IS FOR!!! ALL OF YOU ARE SO ****ING UNGRATEFULL...IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE ANSWERS YOU GET, GO TO ANOTHER FORUM. tHIS IS THE THIRD ***** ASS NEWBY TODAY!!!

yeah!!! well, i love u too rangerman!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by cacomixtle yeah!!! well, i love u too rangerman!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Is that all you have to say??? No more complaints??? No Senior VIP Member put downs???

thats not all i had to say... i just didnt want to be rude or anything, but if ur askin for it heres a bit more of what i have to say.

to all senior vip members... keep in mind that some of us do have lives and they dont revolve around caraudio. we might have taken it as a hobby and were just lookin for a tip off of what to do with this new hobby of ours. we dont really have the time u do to learn all there is to know about it and thats why we come here, some of us are bussy with learning other things like in lawschool or some other sht. and cant really take time off to learn ohms, hertz, alts or any of that sht. maybe simple truck leasing guy does have plenty of time to spare for things like that but we dont.

and remember were askin for help were not attitude!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

be happy dammit!

Originally posted by cacomixtle thats not all i had to say... i just didnt want to be rude or anything, but if ur askin for it heres a bit more of what i have to say.

to all senior vip members... keep in mind that some of us do have lives and they dont revolve around caraudio. we might have taken it as a hobby and were just lookin for a tip off of what to do with this new hobby of ours. we dont really have the time u do to learn all there is to know about it and thats why we come here, some of us are bussy with learning other things like in lawschool or some other sht. and cant really take time off to learn ohms, hertz, alts or any of that sht. maybe simple truck leasing guy does have plenty of time to spare for things like that but we dont.

and remember were askin for help were not attitude!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

be happy dammit!
Maybe a simple truck leasing guy does...but maybe a simple truck leasing guy makes more than an ignorant law student. If you want help ask for it...I don't get an attitude until provoked...if you don't know what something is ASK!!! The power of speech. I would be glad to help a complete newbie as long as he does not want to be a prick about not being a Senior VIP Member...as for being a Senior VIP member...be weary of that title...it does not mean you know too much about car audio...taylor...

man i hope i never become a senior vip... or a señor vip lol! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

first of all... i never mentioned money... but now that u have, what kind of car do u drive? a bmw 320i? 330i? vw passat vr6 4motion? chevy suburban (for the truck leasing stuff) no no...wait... those are MY rides... nor urs... right?

as for the highschool thing... ur right maybe i did see some of that stuff while in highschool but most have forgotten that cuz i thought that wouldnt bring any bread to my table... i admit it... i was stupid on forgettin that cuz itmight be helpful now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

i didnt mean to provoke u man... well not in my first post anyways... so that attitude came without notice.

asi pues... sean felices, hagan el amor no la guerra y hablando de hacer el amor si alguno de uds tiene alguna hermana agradable al ojo pues presentenla no?

Originally posted by RangerMan P.S. I learned about ohms hertz and watts in high school...
I learned about it in middle school. Who is this crackomixle, I mean give me a break, I don't even have a d@mn system, I don't read any caraudio books. I learn from hands on experience and from what others have said here. Maybe it's just your too lazy to read or you don't have any common sense. This clown thinks we all came to the forum and poof, we automatically became senior members. Sorry buddy, but the Senior VIP is something you have to earn, you have to read into what people say and reply, everyone has different views. Do you get an attitude with your law teacher when he/she tells you to read your law book? Do you write out a numbered list about things about him/her when she tells you to do research. Give it a break, most of us have jobs, and mine certainly isn't car audio.

The things that are covered in this forum range from basic to involved, but never complicated. I thought about a recent answer to a post at carsound.com about phase shifts and delays, or something like that, lol.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

"I put y(t) = A*cos(w*t + p) as I learned on here. That means you will get the same wave after the 360º shift.

The guy just argued that the 360º phase shift will MOVE the COMPLETE wave (in time) 1 cycle forward.

As a better practical explanation, the ending conversation was like this (and there was a related thread on here some time ago):

-Sinusoidal, 80Hz

-T1=0 sec.

-T2=2 sec.

-T1 and T2 as beeing WHEN the wave REALLY starts and stops, respectively.

We've got 2 chances after the 360º:

-T1=0 sec.

-T2=2 sec.

OR

-T1=0.0125

-T2=2.0125"

"A delay -IS- a special case of a phase shift.

A phase shift of appropriate slope will have the effect of delaying all frequencies a certain amount.

So when you've got a particular delay, it has a particular phase vs. frequency function that identifies it.

So to delay 1 ms, you want to phase shift a 1kHz wave one cycle (360deg), a 2kHz wave two cycles (720deg), a 500Hz wave a half-cycle (180deg), a 250Hz wave a quarter-cycle (90deg), and a 125Hz wave one-eighth cycle (45deg). And so on and so forth."

Originally posted by cacomixtle man i hope i never become a senior vip... or a señor vip lol! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif :D

first of all... i never mentioned money... but now that u have, what kind of car do u drive? a bmw 320i? 330i? vw passat vr6 4motion? chevy suburban (for the truck leasing stuff) no no...wait... those are MY rides... nor urs... right?

as for the highschool thing... ur right maybe i did see some of that stuff while in highschool but most have forgotten that cuz i thought that wouldnt bring any bread to my table... i admit it... i was stupid on forgettin that cuz itmight be helpful now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

i didnt mean to provoke u man... well not in my first post anyways... so that attitude came without notice.

asi pues... sean felices, hagan el amor no la guerra y hablando de hacer el amor si alguno de uds tiene alguna hermana agradable al ojo pues presentenla no?
You don't want to get into what I drive...It's WAY over your head. You think just because I drive a ranger that I'm poor huh??? Lets try a $40,000 Ranger...have you ever heard of customizing or Mini-Trucking??? And well, I also have a 4Runner...over $35,000 invested, and am about to get an 03 Cobra...believe me bro, money is not an issue...

Originally posted by Phatillusion  

I learned about it in middle school. Who is this crackomixle, I mean give me a break, I don't even have a d@mn system, I don't read any caraudio books. I learn from hands on experience and from what others have said here. Maybe it's just your too lazy to read or you don't have any common sense. This clown thinks we all came to the forum and poof, we automatically became senior members. Sorry buddy, but the Senior VIP is something you have to earn, you have to read into what people say and reply, everyone has different views. Do you get an attitude with your law teacher when he/she tells you to read your law book? Do you write out a numbered list about things about him/her when she tells you to do research. Give it a break, most of us have jobs, and mine certainly isn't car audio.
Ahhh, here come my friends...thanks Phat and wesleysh!!!

That was just randomly pulled by me, because they talk like that all the time. What is covered in these forums is basic knowledge you will WANT to have to make the most out of your listening experience. If you don't want to listen then that's on you, but these people are here because they wish to help, and for whatever reason they have chosen to take their time to do so.

The SPL vs. SQ question is a very good one. You don't want to recommend a great sounding sub that doesn't get very loud to someone who's looking to rock the neighborhood. And you don't want to recommend a really loud sub that sounds like doodoo on a stick when they care mostly about the quality of their music, not how loud. In the sub arena, these are the tradeoffs you have to make on a limited budget or with limited knowledge of installation.

Spend some time here and learn about ohms, frequencies, box sizes, speaker efficiency and so on. Eventually you'll look back and see how basic and how important it really is to achieving what you are looking for in your stereo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.