thicker mdf better box?

It really comes down to what kind of subs your going to use. If you got some kenwoods then even 5/8th would work, lol. If your gonna use some competition subs then you could use a 1" face plate and 3/4" pannels or go 1" all the way around. It really does depend on what subs your gonna use, for example if its 2 JL 13W7's then you have to build a 1" box all the way around and it should be braced. Check to see what the sub manufacturers recommended enclosures specs are and start there.

I make lots of boxes. I never laminate two boards together, may lead to vibrations. MDF is very pourous. I would always paint the inside of the box to help close the pours. One inch MDF makes a good faceplate, especially for heavier woofers. I have only seen one company use one inch this much, Atrend, and I like their boxes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.