enclosure for 2 kicker solo x 12s in a 96 caprice

i have tried both sealed and ported enclosures and still have not got the results im lookin for i know im doing something wrong please help.i have two kicker zx2500.1

and a buddy gots one solo x in a ported box with a hifonics brutus 1200.1 at 2ohms and is banging way louder in his 03 expedition need to start fro scratch wuth what i got i thanks.

He has a SUV and you have a trunk car, he has the automatic advantage. How do you have the subs/port aiming? Is there ample room for the sound waves to travel into the cabin, or is the box blocking off the passge way between the trunk and cabin? Have you thought of firing the sub/port straight into the cabin, and sealing the face of the box off from the trunk?

Put the subs and port through the rear deck. With all that fireing into the cab seal off the trunk and you will notice a big difference from having it all in the trunk.

What type venting did you have? Solo-X subwoofersr require a large port volume and need to have the right amount of airspace. With the right dimensions you should be able to make 2-12's slam. Have you spoken to kicker? Maybe even look at some of the pre-fabs Atrend has for the Solo-X 12's, they may even be able to get you some recommendations...atrendusa.com

i would try a different box and dont go with prefab they are junk go have some 1 build you 1 to the specs of your subs and car because you got the power and now it just sounds like its in the box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.