:( They won't fit!

Participant count
  • Participant list

shiznid12
10+ year member

I am in serious need of some spacers/brackets for my 1995 Geo Prizm.

The front speakers are 5.25, but they will NOT fit comfortably. I believe the magnet in the back hits the window when it is rolled down.

I saw someone selling spacers and such, but I want to know if this will actually work first.

If not, what is the best bet for me to effectively install these speakers??

MDF rings are pretty ideal when it comes to mounting speakers to a door; it provides a good seal against the door and a wood baffle won't resonate like a metal one will.

However, your inner door panel might get in the way if you use baffles. Be sure to check that first.

I've used 1/2" and 3/4" MDF.

See what I did in my truck before I got my doors built was I used little metal tubes about 1/2 long and mouted one on each of the speaker holes and then screwed them in and they worked great but then I got my doors done so I didnt need them lol

Hmm... no there will be no covering over them. They will just be bare.

I don't even care how they look, because I can work on the look AFTER! I just want/need some rings so that they can actually mount in my doors AND be SEALED... :/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.