Speaker upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list

jmcinvale
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I am thinking of upgrading my door speakers to the Pyle Pro PCW6S 6.5" Midbass driver and adding four tweeters in addition to the dash tweeters in my 2005 Honda CRV.

The tweeters I will use are the Onkyo tweeters made for GM vehicles I bought from Parts Express. I plan on mounting two in the trim panels directly above the seatbelt piece so they can be near ear level and I will mount the other two in the panel that is on either side of the rear windows so that they will face forward for the rear seat passengers. I plan on using a passive 2 way crossover at 6 KHz on the speakers. Will that work ok or would the distance between the midbass drivers and tweeters be too great?

With tweeters right beside your head, it's not really going to matter where your mids are at. The tweeters will over power them regardless . //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

lol ya i wouldnt use that mounting location //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif when u turn it up youll have screeching in your ear and youll be soo annoyed you wont be able to pay attention to midbass let alone drive...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.