the very best alpine hu's

313BIG CV
10+ year member

detroit
new and old. looked around a bit and didn't see a thread close to this so i figured i'd make 1. was looking for an alpine, but i don't really like the new ones, the faces look ugly imo. so what are some of the best alpine decks out there from old to new that 1 should watch out for?

man there is an alpine 9835 on ebay right now going for $102,ends in 3 days,i highly suggest you check it out.i allmost bought it,guy is legit and sent me extra pics via email.i decided not to cause i have 1 and 1 on the way allready.once you plug this baby in,you'll know you got your monies worth.

Alpine 7909 30th Anniv cd player

60fa_2.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-7909-30th-Anniv-cd-player-7904_W0QQitemZ280305976988QQihZ018QQcategoryZ39754QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Alpine CDA 7949

73a5_2.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/Alpine-CDA-7949_W0QQitemZ220350055922QQihZ012QQcategoryZ39754QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Either of those are among the best Alpine ever made.

You wouldnt happen to be the person selling that 9835 on egay, would you?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
uh,NOPE ! guess thats what i get for trying to help you fkers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

new and old. looked around a bit and didn't see a thread close to this so i figured i'd make 1. was looking for an alpine, but i don't really like the new ones, the faces look ugly imo. so what are some of the best alpine decks out there from old to new that 1 should watch out for?

The only thing Id buy out of the current line that's out if I had to do it again would be the 9887. Everything else in the new line is just a CD player with over-hyped bass and treble controls until you fork over more money to 'unlock' things. With the new line I think they invested so much money and time in developing Imprint that they wanted to make sure to get a return on their investment and they can't do that if nobody buys it. So they actually removed the important sq features from most of their HUs so people who want more tunability would have to buy the kit. Otherwise what happens is customers are satisfied enough with a decent 7-13 band, t/a, and ease of use from it being built in to the HU that if they want more out of their system later they'll just buy some other manufacturer's 15 or 30 band and call it a day and imprint units end up gathering dust on warehouse shelves.

personally i dont usally buy used hu's.i kept on hearing all this hype about the 9835 and my9825 was having some kind of problem after 3 yrs.so i figured y not,i'll buy the one off of ebay and give the 9835 a shot.turns out that this is my favorite hu of all time.love it so much that i bought another one in mint condition for $212 shipped.ive never bought a used hu before until now,,and 2 of them mind you.thats y yesterday i mentioned the one of off ebay going for 100 to maybe help someone out lol.these dont come along everyday and are excellent hu's .i bought 2 of them cause i plan on running this hu for a long time and alpine said if it goes down,they can refurbish it which is good enough for me.im the type of person when i find something that works really well,i tend to stay with it.and i would not have recommended the 9835 if i thought it wasnt worth mentioning.peace

I was talking about the newest line: 9872, 9874, 9884, 9886, 9887. I know before they used to make some stuff that was really geared towards SQ, the whole new line really is designed to make serious audiophiles buy IMPRINT. But to specify, Im not arguing with anyoone's old school recommendations but if you're an SQ person, in my opinion there's nothing worth buying that they're making right now aside from the 9887.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.