The truth about rockford fosgate

A lot to learn. I have never blown an amp or subs since 1989, well educated, married with a house and kids. Coming from a 24 yr old you sound like an idiot.
Lol okay, my statement was strictly about car audio. I don't care how long you have been in this hobby, this thread shows how little you know about it. I was trying to be nice but you are making it hard.

Even about car audio. I know that the Matrix is a line driver that increases voltage that goes out to the amplifier thus reducing the gain level on an amplifier which also reduces noise. I am aware of the differences in voltage between the RF amp (5 volts) and Kicker amp (12 volts). I am also aware that the difference in bass can be attributed to the lower voltage level of the RF amp. I am aware also that my matrix has been set has been set to the maximum level of distortion with my head unit at 3/4 volume. Knowing all of that I do not use the gains on my amp because I am trying to reduce distortion. I also know that the RF gain at minimum will not be the same because it is 12 volts. I am aware that the gain will have to be turned up to compensate in the differences in voltage between the RF and Kicker amp. I am aware of how to set gains properly using a DMM. I am aware of how to measure an amps actual wattage using a DMM. I am aware that I need to use test tones when I set gain levels on amp. I am not also aware that the birthsheets given by RF do not mean a hill of beans to me.

We all do things different ways. I think it's an old school thing to use the ol' ears to tell you what's going on. I still set gains using my ears most of the time, mostly because I listen to music like floating in a tube down the river as opposed to white water rafting. I'm usually limited by excursion rather than thermal issues, so I just use familiar music and back off the gains when I hear things I don't like coming from my drivers. Then it's simply a matter of blending the drivers' levels to each other for the balance I prefer. Viola!

This is hilarious. You start a "Truth about RF" thread, yet have ZERO evidence to back up your "findings." Apparently because "you didn't feel like it." Yet you continue to backhandedly praise RF. I'm confused.
Their birthsheets are suspect, yet you didn't clamp. You say 40% more output; except that- that would indicate the very smallest increase in sound pressure that we can detect. Yet you go on to say that the 40% increase is a huge difference in output.

Several people in here have pointed out already that gain position is an absolutely useless indicator without a reference voltage. And your insistance on alluding to gain position is a discredit to your conclusions.

Basically... you are stating opinions. Which you are certainly entitled to do. But I see no truth in here other than the points made by everyone else.

And this vvvvv
Awwwww, Tfade. You go eat a Snickers. You get grumpy when you're hungry.

betty-white-snickers.jpg

You my friend are a clown. I am not going to sit here and argue with you. My ears dont lie and regardless of what you say, I can tell the difference between more and less power and bass in my system. I am not some 22 year old who turns up the bass boost to maximum and makes stupid comparisons. LIKE I SAID BEFORE WHEN I CONNECTED THE RF P1000X1BD TO MY SUBS! IT TOOK A LOT OF WORK TO GET SOME DECENT BASS OUT OF MY SYSTEM. AS SOON AS I DISCONNECTED THE RF AND CONNECTED THE ZX 750.1AND LISTENED TO THE SAME TRACK THERE WAS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN BASS. IS THAT TOO HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND. DO YOU WANT ME TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU LIKE A FIFTH GRADER. MORE BASS. THE GAIN ON THE RF AMP WAS 3/4 OF THE WAY SET RIGHT BEFORE CLIPPING. I USED A DMM TO SET THE ZX750.1 A WHILE BACK BEFORE I DISCONNECTED THE AMP. EVERYTHING WAS SET ON THE ZX750.1. I DIDN'T THINK I NEEDED A DMM WITH THE RF AMP BECAUSE IT HAS IT'S OWN CLIPPING INDICATOR. CLIPPING INDICATOR'S ARE NOT ENTIRELY USELESS. "THAT MY FRIEND IS A GENERALIZATION". ALL I STATED IS THAT RF BIRTHSHEETS ARE PROVEN TO ME TO BE USELESS. THEIR MONOBLOCK AMPS DISSAPOINTED ME. DOES THAT SOUND LIKE I AM PRAISING THEM? IF YOU CAN'T ACCEPT THAT THEN TOO F67CKIN BAD.
EITHER YOU ARE A RF NUTHUGGER OR ARE VERY STUPID.
I'm neither an RF nuthugger nor stupid. And no, I don't want you to explain it to me like *I* am a fifth grader, but you certainly explained things like *you* are a fifth grader. You see... when exposing "truths" or doing any testing at all to share information... you need like, umm... facts. Which, you have none.

I'm not surprised you're not going to sit there and argue with me. I wouldn't want to argue with me either.

Awwwww, Tfade. You go eat a Snickers. You get grumpy when you're hungry.

betty-white-snickers.jpg
I eat ignorant people when I get grumpy. Philosophically speaking, of course. I also can't abide by subjective "testing" like this. It's annoying and misleading. I'm all for subjective tests when subjectivity is called for. But this isn't one of those cases. If you want to do an amp throwdown, at least bring a damn DMM and a scope to the party.

I'm neither an RF nuthugger nor stupid. And no, I don't want you to explain it to me like *I* am a fifth grader, but you certainly explained things like *you* are a fifth grader. You see... when exposing "truths" or doing any testing at all to share information... you need like, umm... facts. Which, you have none.
I'm not surprised you're not going to sit there and argue with me. I wouldn't want to argue with me either.

I eat ignorant people when I get grumpy. Philosophically speaking, of course. I also can't abide by subjective "testing" like this. It's annoying and misleading. I'm all for subjective tests when subjectivity is called for. But this isn't one of those cases. If you want to do an amp throwdown, at least bring a damn DMM and a scope to the party.
You are a clown. I stated my case, it wasn't accepted and that's it. Time to move on. Good day to you chump. I am done.

You are a clown. I stated my case, it wasn't accepted and that's it. Time to move on. Good day to you chump. I am done.
At least I'm a clown that knows how to test amps and present the information in a useful manner.

ZOMG!!! muh keecker map is 50 deebeez lowder then a stoop rockford en teh birthsheet is bolonie!!! in das duh troof. i beez tessed eet.

At least I'm a clown that knows how to test amps and present the information in a useful manner.
ZOMG!!! muh keecker map is 50 deebeez lowder then a stoop rockford en teh birthsheet is bolonie!!! in das duh troof. i beez tessed eet.
Are you speaking English or Ebonics? Making a point and not using proper English, really makes you look like a fool. Learn how to use proper grammar when speaking online.

Palm meet face
Make sure you enroll TaylorFade at a local college, have him take an English Assessment test and get him in an English class to teach him how to write. Also teach him that testing car amplifiers is not the end all be all in life and there is more to life than car audio. Such as paying bills, taking care of your family and most of all not taking life too serious. When I start stooping down to his level and arguing about testing a God **** car amplifier then it's time to check out. I have other more important priorities in life.

Are you speaking English or Ebonics? Making a point and not using proper English, really makes you look like a fool. Learn how to use proper grammar when speaking online.
Says the fellow using a 'z' to pluralize his screen name. Duly noted, professor.

By the way... can you stop by the pits at finals and set my amp for me before I run? I want to make sure they're set up perfectly. Like yours.

Make sure you enroll TaylorFade at a local college, have him take an English Assessment test and get him in an English class to teach him how to write. Also teach him that testing car amplifiers is not the end all be all in life and there is more to life than car audio. Such as paying bills, taking care of your family and most of all not taking life too serious. When I start stooping down to his level and arguing about testing a God **** car amplifier then it's time to check out. I have other more important priorities in life.
You mean "seriously"? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Bro, do you think you're the only one with a job that can pay a mortgage and feed the family? AND enjoy CA? You're not a special or unique snowflake.

You mean "seriously"? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Bro, do you think you're the only one with a job that can pay a mortgage and feed the family? AND enjoy CA? You're not a special or unique snowflake.
Maybe not but I can do more than test amps. I never said anything about enjoying California you ****** idiot. I never said I was special. You **** sure ain't my bro.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.