The truth about rockford fosgate

What does your kicker zx750 birth sheet says, i bet it's more than the RF at 2 ohms. I just saw a kicker zx750 birth sheet and it was 930 wrms

What does your kicker zx750 birth sheet says, i bet it's more than the RF at 2 ohms. I just saw a kicker zx750 birth sheet and it was 930 wrms
This could be a culprit. Are you by chance wired to 2? That would explain the gain.

Ill give rockford this though, their new 15kw amp only draws 300 amps full tilt "supposedly", lol but then again it costs well over 20 thousand
That is a truthful claim. It has a ton of caps in series and is a push/pull system. It won't deliver 15k continuously, but can briefly. The Kicker Warhorse is built a bit like it, but can sustain 8k+ continuously, it has a pretty hefty current draw, however.

I might have missed it, but is the difference in the input sensitivity between the amplifiers? Maybe the Kicker responds better to a lower voltage input level?

The Kicker has an input sensitivity up to 5 volts, the RF up to 12 volts.
Unless I'm missing something else (and I could be, lol), I suspect this may be the reason. If the low level output voltage is the same coming from the Matrix, the amplifiers will respond differently to that incoming low level voltage regardless of how the output stage was setup. Line drive that RF some more and see it come alive.

The same thing happened 2 years ago with a RF T1000-1BD that I used in the Z. It sounded good but when I installed a D3 800.1 back then the same thing happened. The D3 800.1 rated at 610 watts at 2 ohms beat the living crap out of a RE Audio SE 10 ported @ 34hz whereas the T1000-1BD did alright. The amp was rated at 600 watts @ 2 ohms as well. The input voltage on the D3 is 6 volts and RF is 5 volts.

This is a big deal for me because it was so obvious when I connected the ZX 750.1 right after using the RF P1000X1BD at 2 ohms. It blew my thinking of RF that goes back 23 years. In my mind now the last really good RF that I heard was the Punch 250.1 Power built in 1997 that ran 2 15 inch Kicker Comps (sealed) that my buddy Chris in his truck.

The same thing happened 2 years ago with a RF T1000-1BD that I used in the Z. It sounded good but when I installed a D3 800.1 back then the same thing happened. The D3 800.1 rated at 610 watts at 2 ohms beat the living crap out of a RE Audio SE 10 ported @ 34hz whereas the T1000-1BD did alright. The amp was rated at 600 watts @ 2 ohms as well. The input voltage on the D3 is 6 volts and RF is 5 volts.
This is a big deal for me because it was so obvious when I connected the ZX 750.1 right after using the RF P1000X1BD at 2 ohms. It blew my thinking of RF that goes back 23 years. In my mind now the last really good RF that I heard was the Punch 250.1 Power built in 1997 that ran 2 15 inch Kicker Comps in his truck.
I had the same experience with my Zapco stuff but with the same amplifiers, lol. I was using the high volt preouts from my 800PRS and then switched to the proprietary noise cancelling line drivers for the Zapco (Symblink?) and it was like a totally different amplifier. I mean, it sounded like twice the power and impacted low level listening like crazy. Only thing that changed was the low level input voltage to the amplifier. Had the same experience with an old Clarion with high volt preouts when I went to an Audiocontrol piece that could drive like 13 volts out, the difference was insane.

I had the same experience with my Zapco stuff but with the same amplifiers, lol. I was using the high volt preouts from my 800PRS and then switched to the proprietary noise cancelling line drivers for the Zapco (Symblink?) and it was like a totally different amplifier. I mean, it sounded like twice the power and impacted low level listening like crazy. Only thing that changed was the low level input voltage to the amplifier. Had the same experience with an old Clarion with high volt preouts when I went to an Audiocontrol piece that could drive like 13 volts out, the difference was insane.
The only thing that would happen if I increased the voltage is that I could have easily driven the RF amp to clip a whole lot easier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.