The truth about Car Audio Forums like this one..

Everyone must admit that while the search feature on this site contains a wealth of knowledge, the site as a whole is filled with trolls and a$$h*les.. If a noob asks a question, they get torn a new one, and if anyone ask a question regarding a brand you get 1,596 pages of nuthuggers calling each other ignorant for not liking what they like... The DOME is the best part of CA.. for true help and on the spot knowledge we all know CA and CACO are not the places to go.

Everyone must admit that while the search feature on this site contains a wealth of knowledge, the site as a whole is filled with trolls and a$$h*les.. If a noob asks a question, they get torn a new one, and if anyone ask a question regarding a brand you get 1,596 pages of nuthuggers calling each other ignorant for not liking what they like... The DOME is the best part of CA.. for true help and on the spot knowledge we all know CA and CACO are not the places to go.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

It's when they ask an ignorant question that they get torn a new one. People just need to learn before they ask dumb questions and assume it's the truth. MAF and DIYMA are great wealth of knowledge, but going there before you know the basics, then you will just end up right back to where you started, not know jack shiz and even confused

True, but don't imply that first post asking a stupid question would really get you a lot of hugs on any other forum.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

For the most part, you can learn anything you need to in the beginning from simply reading. You get what you put in from most people, at least on the more knowledgable forums. Sometimes you'll get more than you can understand, but if you don't take the time to partly or fully understand what was just explained to you, or at the very least ask that person to break it down, then you should probably just crawl back to sites like this where you fit in anyway. Some people just want a quick answer and don't care about the science behind it. Some people belong here.

This site is fine unless you are looking for sq information or advanced spl. Hispls and keephopealive are great people to contact if you want good knowledgeable answers. If you are looking for different then this isn't the place either. Nuthuggers of dd, sundown, fi and aq are everywhere.

This site is fine unless you are looking for sq information or advanced spl. Hispls and keephopealive are great people to contact if you want good knowledgeable answers. If you are looking for different then this isn't the place either. Nuthuggers of dd, sundown, fi and aq are everywhere.
There's a few other real smart dudes left here too. Ciaonzo, T3mpest, a couple others. Hispls is about the most active, the others are real scarce nowadays. Not sure if it's the move to SQ or the noobs, but they don't visit as often as they did.

If you think this place is tough then try going on Pirate4x4 and asking about an IFS "torsion key lift" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

I'm pretty new to the car audio world, but not new to cars in general. Some sites are really tech heavy (like Pirate) but aren't as good for chit-chat due to how seriously the members take it. Places like GMFS are full of chit-chat and next to no tech info. FSC and GMT400 have a good amount of both. They all have their place. I tend to frequent GMT400 and FSC the most though, since I do enjoy the more chit-chatty threads, but I do appreciate a more educated user base.

At least that's how I see it. I don't know where on that scale this forum falls though, or any other car audio forum for that matter. Anyone care to enlighten me?

There's actually some very nice and intelligent people here, this is actually a great forum that is quite educational but not everybody is going to like the questions you ask or the info you supply but it will be like that wherever you go..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

gstokes

FÜKENGRUVEN
gstokes
Beaverton, Oregon
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from