The Old Mofo 15's

Ive seen, but havent heard them,do not know how they compare.Last Mojo I saw and had the pleasure to power up and listen too was approx 2yrs ago,an older friend brought a 12, and a 15, and we played with several old school Zed Made Autoteks and Hifonics, for 2 solid days.loved it!

Ive seen, but havent heard them,do not know how they compare.Last Mojo I saw and had the pleasure to power up and listen too was approx 2yrs ago,an older friend brought a 12, and a 15, and we played with several old school Zed Made Autoteks and Hifonics, for 2 solid days.loved it!
He's hunting a moFo, not a moJo

I found one on craigslist for 150, i want to pick it up, but its about 110 miles away. And i am also scared about being able to find a re-cone. If re-cones are fairly cheap, then i may run down there. It does not need a re-cone, but its better to be safe than sorry. Any advice ?

i have reconed and the motors arent very good at all. you have to run a short ww coil due to the depth clearence. the backplate is NOT undercut so the coil dosent have alot of rearward travel.

they are a 3" coiled bigger motor vrs the newer 2.5" motor. if ur looking for something big and cheaper get a aq motor it will be alot louder.

i have been offered free mofo motors and they arent worth paying for the shipping...

i have reconed and the motors arent very good at all. you have to run a short ww coil due to the depth clearence. the backplate is NOT undercut so the coil dosent have alot of rearward travel.
they are a 3" coiled bigger motor vrs the newer 2.5" motor. if ur looking for something big and cheaper get a aq motor it will be alot louder.

i have been offered free mofo motors and they arent worth paying for the shipping...
The motor on my mofo is a 4" BASV / Kapton Hybrid 18 AWG, i just picked it up today, the thing weighs dam near 70 lbs.

The motor on my mofo is a 4" BASV / Kapton Hybrid 18 AWG, i just picked it up today, the thing weighs dam near 70 lbs.
HUH?... ummm.. a power acoustic MOFO weighs no where near 70lbs... and def. not a 4" coil.....

are you sure you didn't buy bath salts instead?... would explain a lot...

2012-05-25171145.jpg

This is a 70+lb monster, a MOFO is not.

well, the forum wont let me post a link until a moderator approves it, but here are the sub specs:

2600 watts power handling

340 oz. magnet

4" BASV / Kapton Hybrid 18 AWG Voice Coil

SPL 92 dB

Tuning: 40 Hz

Port size: 4" x 10"

Number of ports: 2

Non-pressed paper cone with aluminum rib insert (patent pending)

Dual 1ohm voice coil( Mine is a dual 2 ohm)

Die cast aluminum

Black wrinkle finish with Diamond cut

Wrinkle finish front & back plate

Large foam rubber surround

1-piece EVA gasket

Dual Conex spider

Woven tinsel lead through spider

Chrome screw terminals

Weight: 67 lbs

I can attest to the weight as i had to put it into the trunk. By the way, this is not the new winky dinky pos MOFO's that are on ebay. its more than four times what those are. The last time they made them is like in 2006? dont quote me but i think that is when they were last made.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...