The bottom line on W7s

BumpThat93
10+ year member

Biggie Smalls
Philly
What up everybody. With so much talk on here about the W7, is it all its cracked up to be? I have heard the W7s personally, and it was something like getting punched in the back of the head. I have a pair of 12W3s in my car now, and I plan to keep them until I buy the new Mustang in 2005. Anyway, I have read that a lot of you like the H2 and XXX, both which I have never heard of until I logged onto this site. I listen to a lot of hip hop and r&b, so I like subs that hit really hard, but I'd like to keep a high level of SQ as well. What sub hits the hardest? Also, what is the real difference between SQ and SPL? Excuse my ignorance I'm a rookie at this stuff. But basically, I want the sub that will pound really hard, but I also want to have a nice level of clarity so that I can still recognize what I am listening to. Can that even happen? I also realize that there are a lot of factors to take into account when comparing these 3, but overall, what sub would you recommend for me, with taking into account the kind of music I listen to? Thanks in advance and feel free to post anything else you think I should take into consideration. I really appreciate it.

Drew

SQ is sound quality and is exactly what it states. SPL is sound pressure level which is overall loudness and isnt really considered to clean when you are refering to "SPL Subs". There are subs that are geared for a mixture of both such as the H2 and XXX like you mentioned. People love the XXX because it is a SQ oriented sub that just gets nasty in a big enclosure and can still sound excelent. Same goes for the H2. The W7 is a great subwoofer but they are really expensive and thats one of the BIG downsides that turns people away from it. You should look at the "REVIEW" thread for a review on the XXX that users have posted to give you a better idea.

you cant go wrong with a w7, it is truely a great woofer, but that being said, for less money you could easily achieve the same sound, but you wont be able to say "i have a w7". ones you listed such as the XXX are great subs, and can be made to meet almost any expectation you may have, and do not have the heavy price the w7s carry. there is no definate black and white answer.

you cant go wrong with a w7, it is truely a great woofer, but that being said, for less money you could easily achieve the same sound, but you wont be able to say "i have a w7". ones you listed such as the XXX are great subs, and can be made to meet almost any expectation you may have, and do not have the heavy price the w7s carry. there is no definate black and white answer.
i have to disagree while the w7s are nice for a while they are still more prone to breaking and tearing... i have personally seen them go bad under conditions that should be perfect for them... they tend to tear along the cone right at the rubber surround.. so out of they maybe 6 setups i have seen with w7s, i know that 5 of them tore their subs pretty bad...

just my 2 cents though. :readytogo

i have to disagree while the w7s are nice for a while they are still more prone to breaking and tearing... i have personally seen them go bad under conditions that should be perfect for them... they tend to tear along the cone right at the rubber surround.. so out of they maybe 6 setups i have seen with w7s, i know that 5 of them tore their subs pretty bad... just my 2 cents though. :readytogo
JESUS!!!...how much feaking wattage were being ran the them???...ive had my w7s for well over a year and NEVER incounterd that....i kno i only run a 1000w to each but still thats plenty IMO....there isnt much point to run any more... im not a competition junky (not saying thats bad, i wish i had the time to be one)...im a every day listener...i run my subs to the fullest almost every chance i can...and ive never hurt or damaged my subs in any way what so ever...soo tearin the subs is a pretty far fetched comment IMO unless ur over doing it...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.