testing box?

dvldogyut
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
loretto, tn
i am going to build a box for testing to figure out what i want to tune to, its going to be 4 cubes for two 187 series 12's and i have some 4" pvc laying around and i am going to use it for the ports,

i will probably use two ports what will be the best layout for the subs and ports? subs up on one side of the box with ports up on other side? ports between the two subs? subs middle ports on the outside of subs?

or go with one port out each side? or both ports out on side?

its a 06 chevy sileverado ext cab, im going to just sit it in the back seat and keep changing the tuning on the box until i find something i like, befor i spend alot of time building my final box and then not like the sound of it.

but i want to know a good arragement for the subs and ports

In my ford ranger. sub up port up worked great. In my chevy crewcab, i have sub up on pass side, port to side firing into driver side back door. Seems to work really well, i have fliped the box every which way and this way sounds the best and meters the best.

2/3 4" aeros is plenty. as for sub/port placement idk I've never worked with trucks before
when you use the bcae calculator the port length it comes up with for 2 ports is the length for each port right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.