96 Cutlass Supreme Wall 4 15's!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

SPLluminator
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
GR, Michigan
I have a 96' Cutlass Supreme that im building a wall in. The equipment will be as follows:

4 15" RD Sonances (d2 flatwinds)

2 RD 3250.1's

5 Deka Intimidators

1 Mechman 220A alt or 1 250A where AC comp goes and stocker(if i can find help with the bracket:hint::hint: to all you experts haha, its the 3.1L engine also)

Enclosure as of now will be roughly 12 cubes with interchangeable ports(36hz to start). Now my question is, where should i place the port? Should i do it in the middle? or driver side? Any suggestions from guys who have run sonances on port space(i was thinking in the area of 12in per cube)?

12 cubes for four 15's? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif
:rolleyes:Lmao. Ik what im doin as in box space, ive dealt with these subs a lot(just installed an 18" last week, box was 5.25 cubes). And sonances love small boxes. I could get as much as 16 cubes but id rather use that space for 2x4's and other bracing. Im also gonna reduce box space to 9 cubes for burps.

Lol, coming from the guy with a single 10". I dont mind if you chime in, i appreciate that, but dont flame when youve never ran these subs.

Hey man, I was just asking. No reason for you to be a dick about it.
Wasnt trying to be a dick. I just thought you were flaming. Sonances will take a bigger box but since im giving them 1400(actual)watts after rise and so on they will need a smaller box so they arent flapping around in the wind lol. And if i were running other subs id def. run a bigger box but they seem to like the smaller box. Thanks for your input tho!

Lol, there was a guy hitting 155's with 2 12's but his box was 1.8cubes total, so like i said, VERY small boxes.

Wasnt trying to be a dick. I just thought you were flaming. Sonances will take a bigger box but since im giving them 1400(actual)watts after rise and so on they will need a smaller box so they arent flapping around in the wind lol. And if i were running other subs id def. run a bigger box but they seem to like the smaller box. Thanks for your input tho!
Lol, there was a guy hitting 155's with 2 12's but his box was 1.8cubes total, so like i said, VERY small boxes.
Wasnt trying to be a dick.
Seriously dude?

Lol, coming from the guy with a single 10". I dont mind if you chime in, i appreciate that, but dont flame when youve never ran these subs.
Right, because having more subs and cone area, automatically = loud. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Also makes your dick bigger on the internet, especially since you're running RD equipment.

I guess I should buy a shitty Olds' Cutlass and take out the back seats and wall it off, and render it completely useless as a four seater car. It wouldn't matter anyway, because no one gives a **** about mid-'90's Cutlasses anyway.

Enjoy your shitty RD equipment and shitty '90's Olds' Cutlass. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

But since you claim that you weren't trying to be a dick, when you blatantly were being one, I guess I can claim the same thing.

So, since I'm not being a dick and I'm trying to keep this relevant to the topic at hand, what was that box with the two 12" Sonances tuned to? I have about that much space to work with, and it would probably be as equally loud in my regular cab truck.

Oh yeah, and that would be why I only have one 10"...because I drive a reg cab truck. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Maybe next time you won't be a total fucktard and jump to conclusions. And for the record, I wasn't flaming in my first post.

So this is just a thread saying what you want to do and buy?
This thread states the equipment i own, except the alt, and im asking for advice on what to do. But im gonna just run port drivers side. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

So, since I'm not being a dick and I'm trying to keep this relevant to the topic at hand, what was that box with the two 12" Sonances tuned to? I have about that much space to work with, and it would probably be as equally loud in my regular cab truck.
Ill ignore the rest of your post and pretend you said something useful:D. But im not sure where it was tuned. Yes it would be VERY loud in your reg. cab truck and they are cheap subs too. He was only running 1500watts per sub as well. But i know he tried a 3.8 cubic ft. enclosure and he said it was WAY too big so he tried 1.8 and they loved it. This wasnt a daily setup tho. If you did this in your cab id build a second box for a single 12 and tune it around 32-36hz. These subs have a fairly flat response also. Ive also been lucky and all my equipment ive ordered showed up on time!

16 cubes per foot of airspace on the port,
and i would do the port in the middle to prevent from firing into the back of your seat
Have you ever run sonances? Im just curious. Im skeptical with running 12 sq in per cube but thats what steve recommends. But thats why ill be doing interchangeable ports. You think 16 will cause them to flap around too much or should they be fine?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.