Test Cd Help

Wonderbread
5,000+ posts

Against Avatar Theft
Vancouver BC
Okay guys and girls,

What do you people use for your test CD's? I'm talking everything from pounding bass, to low rumbling bass, to mids, to highs, to vocals, to harmonies, guitars, drums, EVERYTHING

something to help me fine tune, lemme know what you find works well!

Thanks

Originally posted by Plater I used a computer tone generator program to do frequency sweeps and other frequency things. You can save 16bit 44100Hz sample rate wave file and burn them to a disc. It gives you freedom to do what ever tone you want. Just remember you can only get 99 tracks on a cd

Here's the link

http://www.nch.com.au/action/tnsetup.exe
Yep, it works well.

For testing SQ use music you are very familiar with, and some that you have heard live. High fidelity classical tracks are great for sound stage and imaging. Use what you know, not what other people tell you to use.

dern right...

i am looking for SQ testers, songs for me to BECOME familiar with...

some nice thudding kick drums arent a bad thing either..

I ahve Found that Hotel California by teh Eagles does pretty well...

My personal favorite for SQ testing is classical music like Bach, Beethoven, Chopin, etc. I got a three cd set as part of a workbook for a music appreciation class I took a few semesters ago, and I've made several copies for friends who wanted to set their sound stages. After listening to rock and rap in my truck for so long, I was amazed how much better classical music showed off the capabilities of my system that the other two genres.

And you wouldn't believe the stares you'll get on the cruise block when you're bumping Bach's Organ Fugue in D Minor at 140db //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Those low, sustained organ notes will rattle your brains!

A good way I've found to test your high freq. response (the stuff above 2.5kHz, something a lot of us bass heads tend to neglect) is bagpipe music. If you can stand to listen to it, you'll notice thing's you're doing wrong (or right!). For tuning, I suggest Scotland The Brave (pipes only) or Scotland's Rose. For general listening, I'd suggest the marching version of Scotland The Brave, Amazing Grace, and Foxfire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.