termlab problem

if his 15" in his house is not loud enough then it won't change from the noise floor. basically the noise floor will be your zero starting point of reference.
I understand what youre getting at with the noise floor.. but I just figured a decent 15" sub would measure over 100db with the sensor right to it. Guess I'm wrong in assuming that though.

I understand what youre getting at with the noise floor.. but I just figured a decent 15" sub would measure over 100db with the sensor right to it. Guess I'm wrong in assuming that though.
This is what I mean, In a quiet room it will jump to 103? I have 2 15's and had the meter right next to the port of one of them with the volume as high as possible and it never got any higher. I understand that the spl in a house is different from a car but I know right next to that speaker at full tilt is not 103db peak, so I believe I set it up wrong.

If you think its a software problem, couldn't you just uninstall and reinstall it and make sure it doesn't search for drivers? Can you try firing both of the 15s at the sensor maybe? Surely that would read higher if it was working correctly!

My box is being built this weekend. This is what is going in, an aq3500@ 2ohms at 1800rms, 2 sa 12d2's in 3.8cf at 37hz. A Mb quart 4.125 to my 4 infinity kappa 6x9. 2 layers of deadening throughout the car. Also many cans of spray foam so out side of the car you do not hear much. I am positive I will get past floor noise if that is your concern. So if there is anyone that may be able to help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Yes that should do over 100db. Guess you can see if its working right then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yes that should do over 100db. Guess you can see if its working right then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I started working on my system in november last year and it has been one hiccup after another! Finally I get all of my equipment, and my trunk starts leaking. So All of my SSSSshhit has been sitting here since I got it, far to long ago.

Facebook

I started working on my system in november last year and it has been one hiccup after another! Finally I get all of my equipment, and my trunk starts leaking. So All of my SSSSshhit has been sitting here since I got it, far to long ago.
Facebook
Lol I know the feeling. I've had equipment sitting around for months.. waiting on my enclosure to be built now and the install will happen! Now I just got to find some time to actually work on getting everything in. Interested to see what kind of numbers you get out of your set up. Be sure to post em up.

Lol I know the feeling. I've had equipment sitting around for months.. waiting on my enclosure to be built now and the install will happen! Now I just got to find some time to actually work on getting everything in. Interested to see what kind of numbers you get out of your set up. Be sure to post em up.
Me too, when I started I wanted a 150 out of the trunk! lol, After doing my research 150 out da trunk is hard. Plus I realized that to compete and win, you need to spend more money than I am willing to spend. So FOR RIGHT NOW, I just want to get everything right get my ssshhiit installed and feel my music.

IIRC you can adjust the range of top and bottom end it'll measure, can't recall what's the lowest it'll do and won't guarantee how accurate it is below 100. It's really made to do 120 and up accurately, there are better mics for RTA, full range, and 120dB and down (search some home theater forums for details).

IMO SPL Lab is a better meter anyway. Just saying.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif There is a full range meter that's very affordable. The Noise meter.

· Accuracy- 80-140dB

· Noise Floor - 50-60dB

· Frequency Range - 20Hz - 20000Hz

IIRC you can adjust the range of top and bottom end it'll measure, can't recall what's the lowest it'll do and won't guarantee how accurate it is below 100. It's really made to do 120 and up accurately, there are better mics for RTA, full range, and 120dB and down (search some home theater forums for details).
IMO SPL Lab is a better meter anyway. Just saying.
I was just messing around with it in the house, It is for my car. And I wish I would have looked around more before I bought.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.