termlab problem

brooklynjoy2008
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
ohio
I got my meter yesterday and installed the software and hardware. It was pretty simple and I did not run into any problems until I tried to use it. For some reason when I start the meter it just bounces around between 90 and 105 dbs. I tried it in the quiet basement then turned the stereo on loud and it didi the same thing? I tried to call termpro but they are closed till tuesday for finals.

Why would you try it in your house and not your vehicle?

Right now I have no subs, And around 80rms to my speakers in my car. So I used my home stereo, and house to test it out. During the day I set it up, turned it on and cranked up my receiver and with the sensor right next to my 15 it did the same as with everything off. After looking over the manual it says Do not let the computer search for updated drivers and it may have. If that is the case how do I fix that?

Right now I have no subs, And around 80rms to my speakers in my car. So I used my home stereo, and house to test it out. During the day I set it up, turned it on and cranked up my receiver and with the sensor right next to my 15 it did the same as with everything off. After looking over the manual it says Do not let the computer search for updated drivers and it may have. If that is the case how do I fix that?
just give the termlab to me i know how to use it.

**** normal for it to jump around in the 90s-100 in pure nothingness

there's a noise floor and i'm guessing that's it on the termlab spl meter. are you trying to meter full range or just sub range? and I doubt you will register on a termlab meter at listening distance in a house.

Also right now the clock ticking on the wall is the loudest thing in the room and it is spiking up to 103db? From my research the room that I am in should be 50-60dbs?

Also right now the clock ticking on the wall is the loudest thing in the room and it is spiking up to 103db? From my research the room that I am in should be 50-60dbs?
Turn your clock down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif but seriously... I don't know anything about meters, but doesn't seem right for it to jump around in that range in a quiet room.

Turn your clock down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif but seriously... I don't know anything about meters, but doesn't seem right for it to jump around in that range in a quiet room.
everyone that doesnt know about it keep quiet then. its perfectly fine to have it jump around. just put it on peak hold if it bothers you that much

there's a noise floor and i'm guessing that's it on the termlab spl meter. are you trying to meter full range or just sub range? and I doubt you will register on a termlab meter at listening distance in a house.
FFFik I wish I had read your sig. before I bought this. Anywho I have it set from 10hz-200hz. You know sitting here I can hear the fridge could that be why?

Its a NOISE FLOOR. If you can't get higher than the noise floor, the meter is useless for you. That termlab isn't made to register levels under the noise floor, which seems to be 100dBish.

everyone that doesnt know about it keep quiet then. its perfectly fine to have it jump around. just put it on peak hold if it bothers you that much
did you read the part where he said he had it right next to a 15" subwoofer and it did the same thing? I would think it would measure differentfrom being next to a subwoofer cranked up vs a quiet room right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.