Ten brands you can't go wrong with

Oh? I'm curios to what amplifier you used on all of them?

i have used many different ones. rockford bdcp 2500(horrible power connections), memphis mcd4kw, old rockford bd 3000.1, mtx te92001, alpine mrp-m2k, kicker zx2500, powerbass 5000. the best performer i had from the bunch was the MTX9500 sub on the old rockford BD3000.1. once again its just this forum and the underground products. not saying its a bad thing but the mainstream companies are overlooked here. im pretty sure im gonna get the "those amps do not do that power". whatever you want to think and comment is your decision. i have done it and have done it with success. all running off the same truck with the same wiring. 2006 chevy 2500 HD. stock alternator and the added 300amp alternator from ohio generator, 3 kinetik hc2400 batteries just for the amplifiers.

Probably get some dislikes for mentioning anything mainstream but I really like RF's Power series amps in recent years. They are rock solid and over rated. So is MTX's high end amps like the Elite series. I still have my Elite amp, thing is a beast and 10% under rated. They replaced the Elites with something else, no clue on em but their fugly.

For subs...I have never found a sub that literally impressed me over any other since the early 90's to be honest. Their subs, with the right application most any can sound pretty good. Some just handle rated or higher than rated better than others and some do better in smaller enclosures than others or have better SQ. I think the basics of speaker technology has pretty much been down pat for a very long time. With the right setup, any sub can pound, even Pyle. Seems most every brand, someonehas won a sound off or two somewhere.

edit: I meant under rated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.