Tempest vs L5 vs Punch HX2 vs Brahma vs SE vs Shocker vs. DD? What would you choose?

nofriends46
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Thinking getting a pair of 15" or a single good 15" Sub with a affordable price, that will have like 75% SPL and 25%SQ, i want my chest move, and have a little sound from them, alot of people are looking here for more SPL. So i guess i want to shut down my friends, for example he has a 18" JLW3... I'll be using a JBL12001. amp or i would be looking at another amp at least at 800-1200 watts. Putting them in a sealed box.

What would you choose just for SPL?

What would you choose just for SQ?

What would you choose for SPL/SQ?

These are my choices....

2 15" Tempest

2 15" Punch HX2

2 15" Kicker L5

1 15" Shocker III

1 15" Brahma or 12"

1 15" DD 3000 Series

1 15" SE

What would you choose? I'm looking at something different, mostly everyone got here that is popular is PUNCH, JL, ALPINE, KICKER and a little of Audiobahns and Visionik.

I was thinking getting the Tempest because it saves alot of money, and i dont know if its worth getting.....Also it would be so funny, i show them i'm running a optimus sub and they would be like WHAT THE ****.....

Any suggestions? Let me know, what i should take off my list or in other words, stay away from.....

Tempests.....sq/spl does not get any better for the money.....a cheap amp...like the jbl1200.1 or any decent amp that does about 800-1000 watts or more at 2ohms would hammer...

SE's....furious woofer....love the SE series of Resonant Engineering....

The others i'd pass on....unless you got money and want the "cool points"

For good SQ but FURIOUS SPL...If you want to pound the **** out of your friend I would recommend going with the Digital Designs 9515..I would almost gurantee that it has more SPL than all those other subs!!

Originally posted by JLAudioEXTREME For good SQ but FURIOUS SPL...If you want to pound the **** out of your friend I would recommend going with the Digital Designs 9515..I would almost gurantee that it has more SPL than all those other subs!!
Blake, you want my 3510?

Anyway, I would say Shocker III for SPL and Brahma for SQ and SQL.

I dunno, rockford here is very popular. I want to get something way different, i might just get 1 brahma 15" save space to, but in a 2.0 sealed box, run it with a JBL1200.1, can't wait till i get it, which will be awhile. Feel the pounding senstation... Whats SQL?

Well the brahma you want to get it is SQL,hehe;) SQL= Sound Quality Level, definition of it- A woofers ability to get loud as heIl but still sound dam good while doing it!!!!

Originally posted by blackgeltabs Well the brahma you want to get it is SQL,hehe;) SQL= Sound Quality Level, definition of it- A woofers ability to get loud as heIl but still sound dam good while doing it!!!!
if you had the air space I would do 2 tempest 15's OR 2 SE 15's. And I would do the SE over the tempest im just not sure of the prices, but RE is on sale now so maybe its something to looking into. The shocker will give SPL but it dosent really sound that good:( I was going to get on myself But I called RE and they were having a sale at the time too:) And I bought the 15" HC and I love it to say the least:p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.