Team Hybrids Jetta build

And here is how I get perfectly fitting panels every time.

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1276.jpg

IMG_1280.jpg

There will be a raised section on the middle and right panels, as well. Also, the cutout in the center is not the size of the window, rather the opening for my plexi. There will be a raised piece molded into the center panel with a smaller window.

IMG_1279.jpg

Thanks, man. This is really a no-frills SQ install, but that does not mean it can't be pretty! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thanks, everyone. I really think the covering on these panels is going to set the trunk off. I have several slow days starting tomorrow, so I fully expect to get the amprack and panels finished. However, the trunk won't be completely finished until I build my IB baffle below the rear deck. The subs are not even out yet--should be another 60 days or so on those.

I wanted to retain my spare time and I actually wanted to be able to get to it. I went from fully assembled to this in about 5 minutes using nothing but a drill and #2 Phillip bit. If I used a screwdriver, it would have taken me 10.

And this is why it needed to come out.

I used this stuff on the inside.

All back together with the LEDs about to go in.

Putting it back together--this took slightly longer than taking it apart.

Result

Got the trunk panels covered, so I'll start out with some finished pics.

This is the covering material. I really don't understand why people go with vinyl. A high quality vinal costs nearly as much as leather, so why not just go with the real thing?

I covered the center panel last and the last thing I needed to do was gap the back of the panel. This is what I had to do to make sure I compensated for material thickness. I needed to be sure that this part comes out with ease for tuning.

Respect the gaps, or lack thereof!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.