2021 Jetta Upgraded Speaker Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Zpop

CarAudio.com Newbie
Chicago
Hello everyone,

Wanted to ask a couple questions regarding my cars system.

I have 4 RockFordFosgate coaxial speakers installed, with an amp for mids and highs. Also amp/sub setup but that is not relevant to the question.

All of this is installed with the stock head unit, with a LC2i, no issues at all.
However I’m noticing whenever I am really turning up the volume in the system, at near max volume in some songs the mids/highs will start to distort.

What could this be credited to? Weak speakers? I am in the range of RMS and peak power with the amp for these speakers.
Could it also be the stock headunit just isn’t cutting it for these speakers? Or possible faulty wiring job on my end when installing the speakers?

I also mentioned earlier that I’m running 4 coaxial speakers in this car.
Would it be better for sound quality in my music if I ended up swapping two of the coaxial speakers to component?

Let me know - thanks in advance!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...