Team Hybrids Jetta build

Thanks for sharing!

I never thought of using body filler to get perfect fitting panels. thanks for the idea!

I like the project, very cool. very nice execution. Well done on the amp rack and the thought of a bus bar for power and ground.

where are pics of the woofer mounting?

where are pics of the woofer mounting?
Thanks for the compliments, sir! The woofers are not in yet. I am doing an IB configuration with the baffle hung under the rear deck. This is what I did not do more to make the back panel of the trunk more intricate--it is going to be mostly obscured by two massive baskets and motor structures. However, the woofers won't be available for several months, so I decided to work on this, last. However, you would be amazed at how low the L6SE's will get!!

Oh, I am sorry. I will take some pics of the L6's. I have to take the passenger door panel off to throw another 3-4 sheets of deadener and I will take some pics then. Nothing special, really, just a woofer mounted in a 1.5" baffle. I tell you, though--those L6's will reveal every resonance in your car!!

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Oh, and the subs will not be 12's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Wire are a necessary evil in building a system and it is usually a challenge to hide them. However, with the way this install is designed, all the wiring, terminations, components, etc. are located between the back seats and the back wall of the trunk. With the back seat down, you can access the "business end" of the system. I will show that when I am finished with it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.