TEAM DEAF BONCE USA - (2) 32s | 48kw | 48 banks of caps

Sorry, I've been away and left you all without an update, but here are some older photos. I'll get this thread caught up within the next few days. We ripped apart the interior and started working on the cage. As the last photo shows, the old recones*take up the entire side to side space, which means this will be an interesting configuration.

zvRuHhO.jpg

yyBhUBb.jpg

6sFqBM3.jpg

NeDmvX4.jpg

MskrTGp.jpg

Once cleared out, we started to work on the shell. We used 2"x1" steel. We elected to not go over the wheel wells in order to keep the rear AC and hopefully cool all the amps in the rear. We'll also have to mount the amps in some different positions because of the*number of caps used. Anyways, here are some pics of us stiffening up the roof with 3/4" wood in between the stock slots (kerfed to contour) and then about 10 cans worth of about 3/4" foam between the wood and cage. It's not as stiff as the Alpha's roof, but it is a lot better than stock.*

jL9L6SJ.png

WAlj1QQ.jpg

l3domkT.jpg

WbLizzZ.jpg

ox58mUg.jpg

OvXdLqI.jpg

xGyDN9c.jpg

Pyy2leq.jpg

Nice!! Solid steel or tube steel? If it's solid, that's a ridiculous amount of weight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

Sorry for the lack of updates. We've just been busy. The inside of the cage is complete with sides and top. We used angle iron to get the angle of our baffles and used some massive bolts to secure the iron to the cage. The excess PL is just to make sure that the bolts don't back out LOL. We elected to use 1" trim pieces to make sure that the sides, top, bottom are 100% sealed because there were just some minor gaps in some areas. We traced the sub cutouts using a yardstick LOL. The subs fit perfectly in test fitting on the grass. But now one baffle is completely mounted. Things are coming together.*

uHYV6Ou.jpg

u2EkNEI.jpg

8xclCAP.jpg

Q1JflqU.jpg

c4rMiNO.jpg

PgrnDtX.jpg

Iz0JH3R.jpg

fP8qwES.jpg

ZsooNbE.jpg

rRTmGAj.jpg

Here are the 48 banks. These are not the newest version from Maxwell, but we consulted some close friends and figured that they'd still be a great option for this build - especially when it came to weight savings vs. AGM and cost savings vs. lithium.
tEpbzxb.jpg

yQKJUyA.jpg

rlY3Ge6.jpg
may i suggest fiberglass battery box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.