Help me out please

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am looking to build my 1st box and im clueless. I have a 2014 ram single cab and I want to build a box in-between the 2 front seats as the picture below (found on the internet) shows. im looking at a single Contralto 10" sub but according to the pic of the truck below, I don't think that box looks like 1.25 cuft. please help with the following.

1. If I built some arms to the box that extend behind the seats to add internal volume, will that make the box sound like s**t?

2. Is there box building software out there that can build shapes like the drawing pic I attached below?

3. Can anyone tell me what length Aeroport or flared port I would need if the diameter was 6" in a 1.25 cuft box to reach 39hz? is 39hz even what I want (I listen to up north 90s rap/R&B).

lastly please ignore the out of wack dimensions shown in the drawing (can someone recommend a good box drawing software). im pretty sure the arms I attached are depicted as way to long to achieve 1.25 cuft.

Thanks for the help

mail

mail

Why hello there fellow Jaxsonvillian. No picture loaded for me so I cant really help you there. But a 6" aero port is going to be way to much port area for a single 10". Did you buy the Crescendo from Quality audio on Blanding or online?

actually, im active duty and stationed overseas on secluded duty in the Indian Ocean counting the days until I get home to Jacksonville in February. I don't have anything yet. ive been a Diamond Audio fan for years but I never had anything other than a T-line box. no one sells Diamond online anymore!! I never heard of Crescendo audio and came across some videos of their amps hooked up on the bench getting tested for output and I was pretty impressed (as I noticed most people have been with crescendo). their prices are nice too. I expect I will buy from droppinHZcaraudio.com since in my experience, the Blanding stores are way expensive unless you can point me some where...?? thanks for the welcomes. how can I get you guys the pics?

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

also, what port size do you recommend?

actually, im active duty and stationed overseas on secluded duty in the Indian Ocean counting the days until I get home to Jacksonville in February. I don't have anything yet. ive been a Diamond Audio fan for years but I never had anything other than a T-line box. no one sells Diamond online anymore!! I never heard of Crescendo audio and came across some videos of their amps hooked up on the bench getting tested for output and I was pretty impressed (as I noticed most people have been with crescendo). their prices are nice too. I expect I will buy from droppinHZcaraudio.com since in my experience, the Blanding stores are way expensive unless you can point me some where...?? thanks for the welcomes. how can I get you guys the pics? 

---------- Post added at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

also, what port size do you recommend?
Pics are uploaded by another pic hosting site such as imgur. Did you say t-line?! I just built my 1st tline enclosure this past summer.

Yup, see the pics clear as day. Who built that?

Agreed on large size tlines....it's the only downfall since the port lengths are so long. Mine's a single 8. 2 10's can prob fit in it's space easily lol

I dont know who built it. I found that pic on a google image search of single cab dodge ram sub box custom builds. The pic was from cardomain. I wanna replicate that build but i dont think it has the cubes i need. I drew the BS sketch of what i think i have to do so that i have the proper colume but i dont know if those “arm” additions will negitavly affect the sound produced. Also, i need to find a box building software that will build shapes like that while telling me the cubes and helping me tune a flared port. When i get home, i wanna get busy!!! Lol. If i find a software like term-pro that can build those shapes, i can keep myself busy here on deployment for a little while and in February, get building!

Thanks for serving our country......FL almost got wiped out by Irma. Been to FL several times now....don't want my favorite vacation destination wiped off the map!!

That box modeling program, people people use several to model up an enclosure from Sketchup (Google) and then a calculator to figure out the internal volume and port length, size, tuning, etc. Cannot remember the enclosure calculator some people use...

Can a knowledgeable box builder please look at the drawing i posted above and tell me if that shape will have a negative affect to the sound in a ported box?

Also, is the Free Air Resonance (FS) suggested by the manufacturer, the frequency that i want to tune my box to? The crescendo audio site says the FS of the contralto 10d2 is 30hz.

Thanks for any help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.