TC Sounds TC-3000 Thread

This is a bit misleading, while inductance is an important and all to often left out T/S parameter for car audio, it normally limits output from about 90ish-100Hz on up. Not between just ~70- ~100. This is why low inductance is KEY for midrange drivers. If a midrange driver has too much Ls, it will lose efficiency big time, so will a tweeter.
For bass drivers inductance is less important because is plays almost no role in the frequency response where subwoofers are uses most. 15Hz-80Hz

We use shorting rings in our subwoofers to accommodate inductance where we feel it’s necessary. Most car subwoofers do not even use these because they add to the cost and don't increase that silly RMS # that sells a driver to the common kid and only provide a slight improvement in the frequency response up high and actually lower the BL product, lower the sensitivity and make the speaker less loud down low because you have to open up the gap to fit the copper ring inside.

We also use anti-flux modulation shorting rings which it is a much more relative problem with subwoofers because flux modulation will actually cause some serious distortion problems at high outputs in relevant frequencies.
“Anti-flux modulation” rings work by reducing inductance through counter flux, as modulation is a result of inductive/current permeability.

Inductance is a prominent factor in subwoofer motor strength and distortion, so I would never call it less important.

Anyway, that TC3000 looks like a beast, I'll probably be getting one pretty soon.

After looking at all the subs availbale I think I've planned on using the Tc 3000 for my install this winter...Looking for some opinions....The plan would be 2 15" +CP in 6 ft3 (gross) enlosure ported tuned to 35 hz. with either two Kicker zx2500.1 or two zx1500.1 depending on funds. What Kind of SQ should I expect and how well will these feed my need to be loud? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Edit to say....the amps are still in question. may go with one RfT40001 or one Soundstream xxx6500 or Digital Designs Z1 all at .7 but am leading towards the two kickers @ 1.4 ohms a piece.

would two 2500.1's be too much power. would the two 1500.1's be a better match?

Better yet of the five amps mentioned above, which would you guys suggest

TC3k only comes in a quad 1...Need to take impedance rise in for account aswell. I have owned every single motor TC sounds makes and i would not put 3000 on a 3hp motor. I 2500 at most, but even that is pushing it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.