TC Sounds TC-3000 Thread

As far as a ported enclosure, I'm sure it would sound great in an enclosure specifically designed for it. For people like us with "smaller" amps, a ported enclosure would be much better since they are quite a bit more efficient. The thing is though, I only see specs on the TC site for aeroports and not slot ports. I would want to make a slot ported box for it.
Hmmm, Do you think you are Breaking the 137.x mark?

Do you have specs on your enclosure?

lol this is great i was acutaully goning to make a thread asking about these subs also.

I read on the TC forums if going to port shuold be in the 2-3cu.feet area tuned low and with the CP package tuned around 34-36 i believe....(might wanna check tho)

anyone here port one yet?How did you like it?

~0.8 cu.ft. sealed after driver displacement.
As far as deebeez, don't know and really don't care too much.

I wanna know how well it does on the low end in a box that small. Does it have any authority below 30 hz?

Consider giving it a bigger box if your power isn't enough for that beast.

i had been planning to buy a pair of the 15's after waiting a bit to read some more reviews, but i was thinking 1-1.2kw each would get them going. looks like my puny little crossfire wont be up to it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I wanna know how well it does on the low end in a box that small. Does it have any authority below 30 hz?
Consider giving it a bigger box if your power isn't enough for that beast.
Yes, it has lots of authority. Lots and lots. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Yes, it has lots of authority. Lots and lots. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
I figured it wouldn't because on the enclosure reccomendations section on TC's site, they recc 1.3 cu ft sealed with a +5 db boost @ 30 hz lol.

You are using a .8 cu ft sealed box with no boost. So its cool if you still have a nasty low end.

I figured it wouldn't because on the enclosure reccomendations section on TC's site, they recc 1.3 cu ft sealed with a +5 db boost @ 30 hz lol.
You are using a .8 cu ft sealed box with no boost. So its cool if you still have a nasty low end.
I have a 12". Where do you see 1.3 cu.ft.?

untitled1do8.jpg

ok ive owned the new 15 brahma mkIV and my 15 tc-3000 gets a whole lot louder in the same box. cant say that it sounds better than the brahma cause you know how sexy those sound, but its pretty close. but alot more output with the same amount of watts. im only putting around 700 right now. looking to upgrade to 1500

ok ive owned the new 15 brahma mkIV and my 15 tc-3000 gets a whole lot louder in the same box. cant say that it sounds better than the brahma cause you know how sexy those sound, but its pretty close. but alot more output with the same amount of watts. im only putting around 700 right now. looking to upgrade to 1500
So overall if your Brahma was still working, you'd still prefer the TC3K?

lol this is great i was acutaully goning to make a thread asking about these subs also.
I read on the TC forums if going to port shuold be in the 2-3cu.feet area tuned low and with the CP package tuned around 34-36 i believe....(might wanna check tho)

anyone here port one yet?How did you like it?
ive ported mine ~3.5cf but im feeling i need a bigger box cause i feel it isnt getting low enough. but still sounds very clean and gets plenty loud with 700 watts

So overall if your Brahma was still working, you'd still prefer the TC3K?
yes, i was feeling the brahma was just not loud enough for me and since its so sensitive you wouldnt want to take a chance giving it even 100 watts rms than recommended at 600.... but the tc3k has a wide range of power handling, like 700 im giving right now to maybe above 2000 rms.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.