TC Sound Epic 8

Zellner
10+ year member

RE SE 10 D2
Ga
Wanting to wall off my trunk and face the sub towards the front between the back seats. I am going for the most SQL route possible, being super loud is not an issue as i think this little beast should stand out find in the cabin. Im thinking i wanna go sealed but ive read everywhere and theres mixed feedback on a volume size for the box.... looking for some help. also not opposed to porting if someones got specs for me and its SQL oriented, though ive read they need some retarded long port.

I just think sealed is the only way im going to be able to achieve the level of smoothness im wanting.

A sealed single 8 and sql do not go together bro... Port the box will give u more output but idk what ur looking for
for clean accurate smooth bass? how so? and want i want is a smooth, fast transitioning, flat, accurate, musical bass, want to drop it to about 20-25hz and not sound hollow, and most of all NO port wind noise because the port would be facing forward about 3 ft from me. I want it to sound like a REALLY great premium stock sound system (even though i am coming from the Harman Kardon premium sound system lol, it just distorted at low frequency play). Not somthing someone added an over powering amount of bass to to impress there friends. I want balance. I listen to all genres of music from classical, country, alternative to rap. so a flat response is very important

for clean accurate smooth bass? how so? and want i want is a smooth, fast transitioning, flat, accurate, musical bass, want to drop it to about 20-25hz and not sound hollow, and most of all NO port wind noise because the port would be facing forward about 3 ft from me. I want it to sound like a REALLY great premium stock sound system (even though i am coming from the Harman Kardon premium sound system lol, it just distorted at low frequency play). Not somthing someone added an over powering amount of bass to to impress there friends. I want balance. I listen to all genres of music from classical, country, alternative to rap. so a flat response is very important
You are not going to get a smooth, filled, 20-25 hz from that 8. It will be very subtle.

Just port the sub and make sure power is clean and you won't tell the audible difference.

i dont want powerful 20hz play i want undistorted. And walled from the trunk into the cabin i think it will fill the space. im looking for an enclosure design. anyone?

If you are just looking for fill and focused on sq, just put it in a decent sealed box and call it a day. If you are truly looking to hit 20 to 25 hz and actually feel it, a single 8" isnt going to do it. Either look at larger woofers or multilple in a really good box.

I think you're correct, tuning mid 20hz range in a 1 cube box isn't terribly practical. Only option is passive radiator, but if you can't fit 10" you probably can't do that either, so sealed it is.... if you need more output grab a second 8. From my experience sealed boxes are quite forgiving if you're not spot on with dimensions and it's relatively easy to take away some volume (or even add some volume with poly-fill)

yeah im not looking to really FEEL 20-25hz just hear it with the music without sounding hollow and distorting. i honestly have pretty much set my mind on sealed for what im looking to get out of my system. just looking or personal experience with volumes on this sub.

you will barely hear anything below 30-35hz with a single sealed 8.
^ This, and ported you probably won't either with that sub, although it should sound fantastic sealed your not going to get the Level part of SQL or 20hz in any meaningful way, and yea your port would be pretty ridiculous. I was really impressed with the the sound I was getting from my revos in a t-line and I think the epic 8" would do really well in one, as well as being a more practical size. It would still take up a lot of trunk space, but the port and speaker should still be able to fit the opening in the seats. I think that if a t-line is too big for your tastes you should give up on getting down to 20hz and just focus on SQ.

that would be fine. id be happy with 30. not too many thing i listen to dig that low anyways. but does anyone know a volume sealed i should start with??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.